Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ADVICE needed: Doing an In person meet-up to finish a Sale...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hey all,

I'm doing an In person meet-up to finish an online sale for a non-cards item that had been on eBay. Never did that before with someone I had no Contact with before the deal, so I'm a little hesitant.

I know to do it at a Public place, there's a Mall about halfway between us, and to get and give a Cell phone number. Other than that, any Advice before I make the specific Arrangements?

Any help is appreciated!

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
I once met IP to obtain a GU/Auto Matt Joyce bat from a guy locally. We met at a Post Office that was down the street from his house and everything went off without a hitch. Every seller on eBay loves to save themselves fees and buyers love to save themselves shipping and handling charges so this is usually a win-win scenario. With that said, Craigslist seems to bring out some crazies, so if this is a Craigslist deal, I'd come strapped....no joke.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
I've done it once to complete a deal on eBay. The seller lived within 10 miles of me so we met halfway at a Starbucks to make the exchange. We then spent about a half hour talking about the hobby and how it has changed through the years. If you're meeting in a public place then you should be fine. I had to sell tickets to a concert I couldn't attend and set up a meeting at my local mall's food court. Everything went smoothly.

exp619

Mar 6, 2012
I've done plenty of craigslist deals.

When I'm the seller I actually prefer people coming to my house, it gives me the home field advantage. If something were to go down that person would get swooped on in seconds by friends/neighbors. I've never had any issues though.

When I'm the buyer I prefer gas stations, usually a very populated and well lit place. If there's people with the person I'm making a deal with, I stay in my car. It keeps everyone in front of me, no blind spots.

Keep your focus on completing the deal and get on with your business, don't strike up a full blown conversation.

DTA, always.

Last edited:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I agree with above post and carry my gun for every craigslist deal I do. So far I've had everyone pickup at my house but if I had to meet i'd be protected.

Members online

Latest posts