Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Ultimate Collection Football is LIVE!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
Man, I was going to get a box, but I was suckered into buying a few spots in the basketball group break. :( I guess I could get one later.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
Am I reading some of the auction descriptions right on the 'bay? In a 15-box case, there are only 8-9 autographs inserted?! Sounds like an expensive crapshoot.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Billy Packer said:
Am I reading some of the auction descriptions right on the 'bay? In a 15-box case, there are only 8-9 autographs inserted?! Sounds like an expensive crapshoot.

I really don't know man. I don't bust for reasons just like that.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
I certainly want to see a few boxes busted before I pull the trigger on a purchase

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Are the RC autos on card this year? Ultimate was always my favorite RCs do to the nice on card autos, i know last year they moved away from this.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
flightposite said:
[quote="G $MONEY$":3sqaqads]Are the RC autos on card this year? Ultimate was always my favorite RCs do to the nice on card autos, i know last year they moved away from this.

Yep.

d2c0_1.jpg

Sweet!! I love my Ultimate Collection hard signed RCs :cool:

15pmxjk.jpg[/quote:3sqaqads]

I was going to pick up Palmer's Ultimate Gold Auto/25 but flinched at $235 because of the injury and someone put in an offer of $250 while I was taking my time. It was a PSA 10 too! I regret that so much, beautiful card.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
GOOD LORD that Forte is the SICKNESS :shock: :eek:

Man if I collected Forte I would have just bypassed the BO and hit the BIN... that is the SICKEST Forte I've seen released yet... it's a friggin lettermen auto!!

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
BTW- if anyone sees any sweet 2008 Ultimate Reggie Bush before I do, please shoot me a pm to let a brutha know! :D

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Snyper said:
BTW- if anyone sees any sweet 2008 Ultimate Reggie Bush before I do, please shoot me a pm to let a brutha know! :D

Will do. That is of course after I get mine. :D

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
Has anybody gotten wind of a final checklist of the 97 Legends subset? Of the five that I've seen on the bay so far, three of them - Rod Woodson, Marshall Faulk and Tom Rathman (!?) were not on the original list of ten that UD released back in December. I've also seen Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders from the original list. Here's a link to the ones they said would be included in case you forgot:

http://sports.upperdeck.com/football/article.aspx?aid=5036

Any bets as to whether they added players to the set or whether this is more of the good old fashioned bait and switch that we've come to expect from the big card companies these days?

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Billy Packer said:
Has anybody gotten wind of a final checklist of the 97 Legends subset? Of the five that I've seen on the bay so far, three of them - Rod Woodson, Marshall Faulk and Tom Rathman (!?) were not on the original list of ten that UD released back in December. I've also seen Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders from the original list. Here's a link to the ones they said would be included in case you forgot:

Any bets as to whether they added players to the set or whether this is more of the good old fashioned bait and switch that we've come to expect from the big card companies these days?

Saw a Bo Jackson listed tonight for $200 BIN... wasn't sure if that was high or not. (I see it sold for $150 BO already and there are 3 more up already, must not be that rare).

179 Steve Young
180 Emmitt Smith
181 Barry Sanders
182 Brett Favre
183 Rod Woodson
184 Jerry Rice
185 Jim Kelly
186 Troy Aikman
187 John Elway
188 Dan Marino
189 Daryl Johnston
190 Herschel Walker
191 Marshall Faulk
192 Bruce Smith
193 Bo Jackson
194 Tom Rathman
195 Brian Bosworth

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
flightposite said:
Billy Packer said:

Saw a Bo Jackson listed tonight for $200 BIN... wasn't sure if that was high or not. (I see it sold for $150 BO already and there are 3 more up already, must not be that rare).

179 Steve Young
180 Emmitt Smith
181 Barry Sanders
182 Brett Favre
183 Rod Woodson
184 Jerry Rice
185 Jim Kelly
186 Troy Aikman
187 John Elway
188 Dan Marino
189 Daryl Johnston
190 Herschel Walker
191 Marshall Faulk
192 Bruce Smith
193 Bo Jackson
194 Tom Rathman
195 Brian Bosworth

Thanks Bo - It looks like the same bidder purchased the first two BO's to close - the Jackson you mentioned along with a Faulk for $90. I expect the bidding will be fast and furious on these for a while, scarce or not. It'll be interesting to see whether and how prices sustain after a month or so and whether there are any SP's in the group.

Members online