Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Panini offers replacement for Brady 1/1 Patch Auto. Advice Needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
My buddy and I split a spot in a case break of 2011 Absolute. We ended up with the Pats and were lucky enough to pull a Tom Brady 2011 Absolute Heroes Auto Patch 1/1. My buddy redeemed it for us and we have been waiting ever since. It will be six months on May 4th.

My buddy called Panini today to inquire about the status, and they offered him replacement options. They said we could wait, but that Brady had not returned the autos and the card has not been made, and they didn't know when or if he would sign and return the stickers. Here is what they offered:

One of the following three cards:

2009 Icons Peyton Manning 4 color patch auto 1/1
Ben Roethlisberger 2009 Dual Patch 3-color Auto 1/1
2009 Peyton Manning Patch Auto 1/1 (not sure of colors or what product)

OR

$1,000 in product/loose boxes.

What do you guys think is the best option? Apparently, they are estimating the sell value at $1,000-$1,300, which I think is high. Should we wait to see if the Brady ever arrives, take one of the replacement options? Advice needed and appreciated!

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
I'd stay the hell away from manning cards, one big hit and he could be DONE. even the big ben id iffy. Wax can be a gamble, but I would tell em to send you a case of national treasures :) im sure their cost is less than 1000 on the case :lol:

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
If you use your 30% off Kohls coupon, I would take the wax. Then they can tell you that you saved $1500 on the wax at the grossly overpriced wax product.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I would of hated to be the guy in 2009 trying to chase 1/1 Peyton Manning cards by buying Panini wax! Did you ask if they had any 1/1 Bradford autograph RC's?

Kevin

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
And the question is how do all of these companies have these cards, shouldnt they be packed out. I mean I know a few had to be redemptions that were never redeemed, but it is always odd they have the good ones.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
It's a shame they held those 1/1s back, but not at all surprising.

I think I'd go with the wax, but first I'd want to know what wax they planned on sending.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I would probably take the wax but ask if they ever do get that card to give you the first chance at getting it at a greatly discounted price.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'd hold out.

As far as the companies holding back 1/1's...these may never be even opened via packs so let's look at it this way...you can either take a chance of it ending up in some unopened wax in some dealer's storage unit or you can get a replacement for your card that probably won't be made. At least the second way offers the ability for the card to end up in the hobby somehow someway.

#1monroefan

Feb 18, 2012
Companies that backdoor sell items like this should be closed down. People like us pay big money for boxes to pull these items and they aren't even in packs

Members online

Latest posts