Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How can this happen??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I think even Ray Charles can see this is an FACSIMILE AUTOGRAPH:benson:::facepalm::

Seriously, how the heck does this happen??? (I know its a Hockey card but its just for the discussion as ive seen this happen before in all sports)

$%28KGrHqNHJBsE9BeuNpCLBPhM%290S9NQ%7E%7E60_57.JPG

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I don't get the question. That is a very nice facsimile auto. I don't look at a lot of hockey. Do a lot of these have bad foil flaking? I would have graded it a 10 as well.

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011
this one looks to be cracked with the base chrome put in its place. see the right side. also, the centering is awful for a PSA 10.

OMG and this is a PSA one labelled as an autograph. This one is just AWFUL as the seller is trying to sell it as an autograph as well, DUH!!!!!

$(KGrHqZHJBYE9uMIY7JsBPkDeIwVfw~~60_57.JPG

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Yep, psa one is a scam.

Other times as well BGS has graded facsimile auto cards with auto grades. I remember someone having a McGwire like it.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
this one looks to be cracked with the base chrome put in its place. see the right side. also, the centering is awful for a PSA 10.

Yeah that could very well be true. I have been hearing and reading a lot of stories lately with people cracking PSA slabs and replacing the card with a lesser card. PSA might have to look into replacing their slabs one day with something tamper proof.

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
The way the picture is cropped so closely, it definitely looks like the seller is trying to hide some frosting on the edges.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
The way the picture is cropped so closely, it definitely looks like the seller is trying to hide some frosting on the edges.

Ok i know to look for the "Frosting" around the PSA slabs edges, as this is a tell tale sign of possible tampering. The one thing im curious about though is, when these criminals crack a PSA slab and replace the card with a lower condition one, how are they re-sealing the slab?? Crazy Glue or something like that?

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011

Members online

Latest posts