Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hold or Sell Kevin Smith Contenders Rookie of the Year Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
What do you think I should do with this card?

scan0006.jpg

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Aren't those /25 or something?

Anyway, short and sweet answer: hold.

1) Not exactly a sellers market right now.

2) I don't see that card doing to well auction style right now considering the Lion's season.

Might as well hold out and hope the Lions capitolize on the draft...

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Snyper said:
Aren't those /25 or something?

Anyway, short and sweet answer: hold.

1) Not exactly a sellers market right now.

2) I don't see that card doing to well auction style right now considering the Lion's season.

Might as well hold out and hope the Lions capitolize on the draft...

Yeah it's 23/25, thanks for the Advice.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I'd sell, unless you're willing to wait a while. Football season is over and this product just came out recently. The product is still selling well, especially the SPed autos and such. If you hold, you are going to have to wait months at least and, by then, the focus will be on next year's rookie class. I think the more you wait, the more chance it will be less desired.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
100% sell. Most cards sell highest closest to their release date (unless the player obviously gets super hot later on). This card has a lot working against it in the future.

A. Kevin Smith is never going to be an excellent player.

B. He plays for the Lions (i.e. isn't going to the playoffs anytime soon).

C. No matter who the player, insert autos such as this see RARE growth.

I like to fancy myself as having an abundant knowledge on the football card market and all of that says sell now while the product is still fairly new and collectors are still thinking about how good Kevin Smith could be and there are even a few people left putting this insert set together.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
flightposite said:
100% sell. Most cards sell highest closest to their release date (unless the player obviously gets super hot later on). This card has a lot working against it in the future.

A. Kevin Smith is never going to be an excellent player.

B. He plays for the Lions (i.e. isn't going to the playoffs anytime soon).

C. No matter who the player, insert autos such as this see RARE growth.

I like to fancy myself as having an abundant knowledge on the football card market and all of that says sell now while the product is still fairly new and collectors are still thinking about how good Kevin Smith could be and there are even a few people left putting this insert set together.

I'm gonna sell it because you are right with most of these.

Members online

Latest posts