Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A new idea for the transactions forum

Do you want a seperate Veteran's forum or Prospect's forum for trading?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
I know this is the mod's decision, but let's see if the member's would like this. If you are not involved in trading here, please do not vote. Also, please give an explanation for your vote.
Edit* For clarification, I mean trading veteran cards in this forum, and no prospect cards.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Is there a single point to it? So certain members can feel "accomplished?"

And if so, how exactly do you propose people get chosen to be part of this so-called "elite/veteran" trading board? Isn't the whole point for it to be a FREEDOM board? An inclusive board would directly contradict that.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I vote 'NO' as trading should be enjoyed by everyone, with everyone. Having a 'veteran' trading board will not abolish anything and only perpetuate segregation between otherwise good traders. There is no gaurentee you will not get burned no matter who you trade with, so I think this plan is fruitless..

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
do you mean veterans as in us being veterans and have made a handful of transactions or do you mean veterans as in the cards that are being sold/traded are cards from 80s and 70s etc?

I guess my vote either way would be.....leave it as it

especially no if you mean that those that have more days here have more priv, etc

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
coltsfan23 said:

And if so, how exactly do you propose people get chosen to be part of this so-called "elite/veteran" trading board? Isn't the whole point for it to be a FREEDOM board? An inclusive board would directly contradict that.
Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I meant trading veteran cards compared to prospect cards.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
People will not use it. It may get heavy traffic at first but after a while, no will will use it any longer.

SCF tried this for a short while, but in the end veteran traders continued to use the normal board. Even if every member who is eligible use only that forum, you would be cutting 80% of eligible traders who cannot view it.

Wes

OG
Administrator
bouwob said:
People will not use it. It may get heavy traffic at first but after a while, no will will use it any longer.

SCF tried this for a short while, but in the end veteran traders continued to use the normal board. Even if every member who is eligible use only that forum, you would be cutting 80% of eligible traders who cannot view it.

See above he is talking about veterans vs prospects cards rather than traders.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I can see the advantage. I gave up using this site to trade because I would post what I have and state that I wanted Houston Astros in return. No prospects.

So what would I get offered? 1000 Sergio Perez cards.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
angelsrockies4ever said:
coltsfan23 said:

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I meant trading veteran cards compared to prospect cards.

Ohh, I'm sorry I misunderstood you. I think you've got a point there, although it's not all that necessary.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
Therion said:
I can see the advantage. I gave up using this site to trade because I would post what I have and state that I wanted Houston Astros in return. No prospects.

So what would I get offered? 1000 Sergio Perez cards.
Yes, that is my point. In my posts, I will post NO PROSPECTS and most of the time I will get offered the "hottest" prospect.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The prospectors have been begging for their own forum from the beginning of the board and we have yet to give them their own.

This is just one of hose things that as soon as it start it never ends.

If we build a veteran forum, we will then have to build a prospect board.

The prewar folks will want there own.
the 90s collectors will want their own.
the team breaks will want their own.
The graders will want their own ( I have been PMed on this one and we already have a graders forum. I willing to bet 90% of you do not realize it even exists. It has 40 posts. All grading related questions come here, because people like to post in the place that has the most traffic).

Now that said, we are not saying that this will never happen, but a huge increase in traffic will likely be needed before anything will happen.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
bouwob said:
The prospectors have been begging for their own forum from the beginning of the board and we have yet to give them their own.

This is just one of hose things that as soon as it start it never ends.

If we build a veteran forum, we will then have to build a prospect board.

The prewar folks will want there own.
the 90s collectors will want their own.
the team breaks will want their own.
The graders will want their own ( I have been PMed on this one and we already have a graders forum. I willing to bet 90% of you do not realize it even exists. It has 40 posts. All grading related questions come here, because people like to post in the place that has the most traffic).

Now that said, we are not saying that this will never happen, but a huge increase in traffic will likely be needed before anything will happen.
Okay, the only reason I ask is it seems I never get replies to my topics.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I think those that want a veterans board would be equally as happy if you made a prospector board :lol:

So take us out of the "Make a non-Prospectors board" and put us in with the "Make a Prospectors board". Same result either way.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
Therion said:
I think those that want a veterans board would be equally as happy if you made a prospector board :lol:

So take us out of the "Make a non-Prospectors board" and put us in with the "Make a Prospectors board". Same result either way.
I would bet if I made that the topic, the vote would be in favor of yes.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Therion said:

+1
I think it would accomplish the same thing.

Members online

Latest posts