Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hockey card trivia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boddington

Sep 14, 2008
OK, just found this site and have not been on the Beckett site in weeks. So hopefully this one stays alive!

Anyway, once in awhile I posted vintage card trivia on Beckett and got very little response. So to get this board going I will try to put one of these up every couple of days of so. Even the modern collectors should enjoy these....

So, here's the first one.....

What is special about this card?

73Dryden.jpg

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I really have no clue but I'll guess. It is has 72-73 all star on it but it is from 72-73 Topps/Opeechee so it should say 71-72 all star... like I said I have no clue.

Welcome to these boards Boddington. There is not much traffic on the Hockey boards yet but the Baseball boards are great. Invite others over here they'll like it.

Have you been able to sell the VIP MVP set? You know who to contact if you ever decide to split it up and sell the Morenz. :D

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
first off welcome to FCB and I look forward to more of these trivia posts. make sure you invite others here as well.

I did a little research on Ken Dryden but can't figure out what is special about the card. looking forward to the answer.

Boddington

Sep 14, 2008
Well, I hope we get more people over here than the last day of responses seems to indicate. Maybe weekends are slow.

Anyway, the answer has to do with the fact that this is a Topps card......

Boddington

Sep 14, 2008
OK, I guess this is a tough one if you aren't familiar with the 1973 OPC set.

There is no Dryden in the OPC set so this Topps card is the only 1973 Dryden card. Even more obvious because it is an all star card. I'm not sure why there is no OPC card. Maybe something to do with going back to school?

Members online

Latest posts