Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Score Complete Players

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
[h=3]Complete Players[/h] This 30-card set features three photos of each of the ten listed players with full holographic foil stamping. There was also a Gold parallel of each card made; however, the Gold cards were randomly inserted into Score Team Set packs.
Score later produced another batch of Complete Players for the 1998 Score Rookie/Traded set. The Rookie/Traded Complete Players have a 1998 copyright date, while the Score Complete Players have a 1997 copyright.
1A Ken Griffey Jr.
1B Ken Griffey Jr.
1C Ken Griffey Jr.
2A Mark McGwire
2B Mark McGwire
2C Mark McGwire
3A Derek Jeter
3B Derek Jeter
3C Derek Jeter
4A Cal Ripken
4B Cal Ripken
4C Cal Ripken
5A Mike Piazza
5B Mike Piazza
5C Mike Piazza
6A Darin Erstad
6B Darin Erstad
6C Darin Erstad
7A Frank Thomas
7B Frank Thomas
7C Frank Thomas
8A Andruw Jones
8B Andruw Jones
8C Andruw Jones
9A Nomar Garciaparra
9B Nomar Garciaparra
9C Nomar Garciaparra
10A Manny Ramirez
10B Manny Ramirez
10C Manny Ramirez
check your copyright dates, looks like theres 2 sets of the regs out there for you player collectors
ScoreRTCompletePlayersbacks.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
[h=3]Complete Players[/h] This 30-card set features three photos of each of the ten listed players with full holographic foil stamping. Pinnacle had previously produced a batch of 30 Complete Players for the 1998 Score. The Rookie/Traded Complete Players have a 1998 copyright date, while the Score Complete Players have a 1997 copyright.
For collectors of Ken Griffey, Jr., it should be noted that Griffey appears on cards #1A, 1B, AND 1C in BOTH Complete Players series.
Samples of each of the 30 cards were distributed to Hobby dealers to promote the product. Each card has the word "SAMPLE" printed on the back.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
That is the first time I can remember seeing Griffey with the Jackie Robinson 50th patch.
As far as the sample's go. I have never seen any Griffey and there is some debate whether
or not all had sample's? Someone just posted the Ripkens in the 90's thread...

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
That is the first time I can remember seeing Griffey with the Jackie Robinson 50th patch.
As far as the sample's go. I have never seen any Griffey and there is some debate whether
or not all had sample's? Someone just posted the Ripkens in the 90's thread...

the Griffeys I posted are a Gold Set, maybe the others differ??
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards/Baseball/1998/Score_Complete_Players/1A/Ken_Griffey_Jr/2229668

Gold
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Card...mplete_Players_Gold/1A/Ken_Griffey_Jr/2205439

Last edited:

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
I doubt it I for some reason can't remember seeing a card with him having the JR Patch?
I don't have those cards so that's probably the first time I have seen the backs?

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
out of context...this is a strange set...imagine pulling 1B and being like...that's an interesting choice for a picture...

:eek:

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Also on the Griffeys the ones from the Score set and Gold Set have (1A)Approach - (1B)Hitting - (1C)On Base on the right side of the cards
While the Rookie/Traded and Sample set have (1A)Most - (1B)Valuable - (1C)Player listed on the right side

That is how I always tracked them I did not know about the date on the back.

Members online

Latest posts