Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pics from a recent trip to AT&T and Petco Parks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I had to go to SF and SD for work recently...I could not resist catching some games.

First, AT&T...what a beautiful park! I had to go alone, so I picked up a standing room ticket for $10.

I did not know that the big Coke bottle was a slide in the kids play area. How cool! I wanted to try, but I don't think I would fit...
IMAG0464.jpg

Garlic Fries with parsley. If you go to AT&T you want these. Trust me, you want these...
IMAG0465.jpg

Cliff Lee warming up. He pitched a gem.
IMAG0466.jpg

McCovey's Cove...
IMAG0468.jpg

The view from Standing Room. Not bad for $10!
IMAG0467.jpg

Hard to see, but this is Lee pitching in the 10th inning of a great pitchers duel. He made it through 10, but the BP lost it for him in the 11th.
IMAG0469.jpg

My souvenirs from SF...Angel Pagan threw the ball into the stands...surprisingly, he did not sign it first. The teddy bear (for my daughter) is Boudin's famous sourdough.
IMAG0472.jpg

On to Petco in SD...

First, the view from my hotel - the Marriott Gas Lamp.
IMAG0486.jpg

On the way to the stadium...the bar had no nachos. This was the closest thing. Nacho toppings on tater tots. Good, but really, really, bad for me.
IMAG0488.jpg

The view from my hotel was nice...this view was a little better. Field level front row. Bought the day before the game on Stubhub for $35 each.
IMAG0491.jpg

With my co-worker between innings...
IMAG0495.jpg

Not meaning to show of Braun...meaning to show the park. It is really nice and clean. Too bad more people don't go to see it.
IMAG0493.jpg

This is was foreshadowing...Yonder Alonso chased a foul ball, misjudged the wall and practically landed on us. Btw - Alonso is a big dude.
IMAG0499.jpg

Dave Roberts (yes, that Dave Roberts from the 2004 Red Sox). Too bad he never came my way for an auto...
IMAG0496.jpg

Not too proud of this one...but I had to take it.
IMAG0591.jpg

My view when Gamel ran into the wall and got hurt. Yes, those are the BP pitchers that close to the seats.
IMAG0596.jpg

Best for last? She is the ball girl - obviously - and was really nice to the sparse crowd. Again, all the pitchers are right there.
IMAG0597.jpg

I came home from this one with a ball also, sort of. I caught one of those soft "squeezey" balls they throw into the stands. My daughter got that too.

All in all, very nice new ball parks!

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Nice pics! I'm glad you liked our fair city. Was that the game when Braun hit the 3 home runs?

No. Next night. Not nearly as much offense! What a great ballpark...easy parking, great views, nice people. We had a great night there.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I was watching that game where Yonder Alonso fell over the wall. They showed you on replay I'm sure of it. I bet I could find it in the mlb.tv archive. I can't remember when it happened in the game though.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I was watching that game where Yonder Alonso fell over the wall. They showed you on replay I'm sure of it. I bet I could find it in the mlb.tv archive. I can't remember when it happened in the game though.

It was like the first or second play of the first inning. I was watching the foul ball and did not see him until he came crashing in (the ball landed just behind us). He hit the concrete hard...I did not think he was going back in the game. He just laid there moaning "oh sh*t, oh sh*t" over and over. I saw a replay of the Gamel injury on Sports Center and my red shirt was easy to spot.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Looks like you had awesome seats for both games. I wouldn't mind taking a trip out there myself someday. Looks like two great places to catch a game. Thanks for sharing!

Wes

OG
Administrator
Glad you enjoyed it, sorry you had to attend the game in SF by yourself. Next time hit up the Bay Area crew, we have a ton of members on FCB who live in the area and I'm sure would be happy to meet for a ballgame.

Roogy

May 20, 2010
California
I love both ballparks, go to each of them at least once a year to see the Reds play. Always stay at the Marriott in the gaslamp as well. Really like the first 5 rows or so at Petco Park since they are set lower than the field, you really feel like you're on the same level as the players (and you are).

Been to ATT probably 20 times and it's a beautiful park. Only downside is it's probably the coldest stadium in the majors at night.

BTW, love the mascot picture...but of course, I'm obsessed with mascots in a funny way!

Members online

Latest posts