Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Bell Superfractor Autograph Pulled and Listed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'll go with the number of surgeries he will have throughout his career, Alex.

One so far.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Sweet, no more ugly white bordered Superfractors by Topps it would appear...

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
This stuff isn't even supposed to hit til Wednesday and enough has been broke for a super to be on ebay? Thanks Topps for putting that in a box that went to Taiwan.

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011
Sweet super. The rest of you are dumb (especially ajbraves crying about a Taiwanese hitting a super). 15 games is no sample and surgery was for a meniscus tear.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Since you are getting all butt hurt about his 15 game sample size lets look at the numbers a a little closer

first 22 ab's he k'd 9 times for a rate of 41%

his last 40 ab's he k'd 12 times for a rate of 29%, not great but he was trending down, down down as he was getting used to pitching at that level, you know because he is just out of HS.

Also in his last 40 ab's he hit .300 and slugged 0.450 so he was getting some XB hits as well. He was starting to trend up and the walks will come I believe.

Like I said he had 62 AB's and hit .300 with some power in those last 40 so I don't see how you can say he was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!

You know if I break my pinky it may require surgery, same if as a triple bypass will require surgery, now tell me is one more serious than the other?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Never said that. The statement that his K/BB ratio was terrible is accurate.

Please refute it.

Actually, I've heard that the MLB club expects Bell to strikeout a fair amount when he reaches the Majors so they are having him work on his strikeouts. Basically, they want him to work on the shrugged shoulders, slow drawn out walk back to the dugout with a glance over his shoulder after each K. They are very concerned with image, and the last thing they want is him hurling his bat at innocent fans for each whiff.

The only way to really practice walking back to the dugout after a strikeout is to actually strikeout. The first game, he was forced to drop trow after each K. Sadly, he received a nasty splinter in his hind quarters while sitting on the bench after the first K.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Since you are getting all butt hurt about his 15 game sample size lets look at the numbers a a little closer

first 22 ab's he k'd 9 times for a rate of 41%

his last 40 ab's he k'd 12 times for a rate of 29%, not great but he was trending down, down down as he was getting used to pitching at that level, you know because he is just out of HS.

Also in his last 40 ab's he hit .300 and slugged 0.450 so he was getting some XB hits as well. He was starting to trend up and the walks will come I believe.

Like I said he had 62 AB's and hit .300 with some power in those last 40 so I don't see how you can say he was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!

You know if I break my pinky it may require surgery, same if as a triple bypass will require surgery, now tell me is one more serious than the other?

For somebody who had a hissy fit over a small sample size, you really know how to make it even smaller. Regardless, he has shown an inability to take a walk and a pretty disturbing K/BB ratio. You can chop the numbers however you'd like, but the truth is that he struggled.

"Wasn't that bad of an injury" would imply that he had to miss a few games. Rather, Bell is out at least three months. I would say that is more than an injury that "isn't so bad." He's missing a huge chunk of a season that was supposed to be developmental.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Actually, I've heard that the MLB club expects Bell to strikeout a fair amount when he reaches the Majors so they are having him work on his strikeouts. Basically, they want him to work on the shrugged shoulders, slow drawn out walk back to the dugout with a glance over his shoulder after each K. They are very concerned with image, and the last thing they want is him hurling his bat at innocent fans for each whiff.

The only way to really practice walking back to the dugout after a strikeout is to actually strikeout. The first game, he was forced to drop trow after each K. Sadly, he received a nasty splinter in his hind quarters while sitting on the bench after the first K.

My nomination for post of the week.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Pros:
19 Years Old
Received a $5 million signing bonus - can't be that bad
Hit .556 with 14 HR in High School

However, based on his current stats, 2 BB to 21 K along with a .288 OBP is absolutely atrocious...15 games is a small sample size...but considering his prices are gonna be very high out of the gate with a lot of other talent in the 2012 bowman pool, so the official expert opinion is: SELL

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Pros:
19 Years Old
Received a $5 million signing bonus - can't be that bad
Hit .556 with 14 HR in High School

However, based on his current stats, 2 BB to 21 K along with a .288 OBP is absolutely atrocious...15 games is a small sample size...but considering his prices are gonna be very high out of the gate with a lot of other talent in the 2012 bowman pool, so the official expert opinion is: SELL

Except that you are not remotely close to an expert.

But, carry on.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Except that you are not remotely close to an expert.

But, carry on.

What makes an expert an expert? Are you an expert? An expert is a made up term...When I said expert, I meant in my opinion...we are all entitled to our opinion...I feel like I did a pretty good job of outlining the facts, both the pros and the cons and I think most people would agree that Josh Bell is a solid SELL

Members online

Latest posts