Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looks like the Youkilis era is over in Boston....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
He looks like he has been doing the whole MLB thing for quite some time now.....very mature hitter. Very exciting to watch :)

Maybe Youk can learn how to play OF so we don't have to see Darnell Shitdonald up to bat anymore!!!

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
He looks like he has been doing the whole MLB thing for quite some time now.....very mature hitter. Very exciting to watch :)

Maybe Youk can learn how to play OF so we don't have to see Darnell Shitdonald up to bat anymore!!!

Agreed. I think I'd rather have JD Drew than DMac. That dude isn't even a AAA player...

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
"He's a gangster," said designated hitter David Ortiz. "Pole to pole. He's got pop, man."

:lol:

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
Given the lack of places to put these guys (you either send Middlebrooks back down to you got four guys for three positions) along with Boston's pitching and outfield holes. I wouldn't be suprised to see Youkilis traded for a pitcher or outfielder. I think Youkilis has great skills and a solid batting eye. A few teams could really use a quality bat at first/third right now and with Youkilis's spat with the coach and his well documented injury history, it seems to make sense to move him and move forward with a different team makeup.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
by the time youk is ready to come back, I highly doubt middlebrooks will still be on a tear like this. Youk will fit back in the lineup and Middlebrooks will be sent down to AAA, so that he can play everyday.
Youk just needs to heat up enough to give the sox some value to deal him.

If I remember correctly....Lavarnway had a similar situation last season.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Super excited over the start Middlebrooks has had......The only bad thing to me is that every time he does something good I go into face-palm mode, thinking of this past winter and how I perpetually had his Elite card in my "watched items" list. How they were $18-20 bucks BIN's for months, and how many times I almost bought one and figured "nah - Everyone already knows he's their top prospect, I'll wait until I see an auction I can snag at a real deal".
Then it seemed all the sellers pulled them back.....Next thing you know I check a few weeks ago and see a $60 sale. Now they are closer to $100. So it's cheer and get excited with every home run......and then hit my head into the table lol.

edit* - Check that. I just saw, after last night someone hit an Elite BIN of $169.99.
::facepalm::
Looks like it's going to be a while before I can afford him now......and I hope that's the case, since it'll mean he's stuck and is playing great.

Last edited:

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Super excited over the start Middlebrooks has had......The only bad thing to me is that every time he does something good I go into face-palm mode, thinking of this past winter and how I perpetually had his Elite card in my "watched items" list. How they were $18-20 bucks BIN's for months, and how many times I almost bought one and figured "nah - Everyone already knows he's their top prospect, I'll wait until I see an auction I can snag at a real deal".
Then it seemed all the sellers pulled them back.....Next thing you know I check a few weeks ago and see a $60 sale. Now they are closer to $100. So it's cheer and get excited with every home run......and then hit my head into the table lol.

edit* - Check that. I just saw, after last night someone hit an Elite BIN of $169.99.
::facepalm::
Looks like it's going to be a while before I can afford him now......and I hope that's the case, since it'll mean he's stuck and is playing great.

It actually sold for a BO of 101. Just click on the link. eBay changed a while back to not show the final sell price on Best Offers.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
It actually sold for a BO of 101. Just click on the link. eBay changed a while back to not show the final sell price on Best Offers.

That was mine. I've sold one for 99.99 and another for 101 (which had the $169 buy it now). I still have one at $169 and if he keeps this up, it will be hit.

Boston superstars with just ONE rookie auto serial numbered to 409 copies dont come along all that often.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
by the time youk is ready to come back, I highly doubt middlebrooks will still be on a tear like this. Youk will fit back in the lineup and Middlebrooks will be sent down to AAA, so that he can play everyday.
Youk just needs to heat up enough to give the sox some value to deal him.

If I remember correctly....Lavarnway had a similar situation last season.

+1

Agreed on every point. Though I doubt Youk would bring a decent return in trade no matter how well he plays.

Members online

Latest posts