Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman Wrapper Update From Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Per their Twitter account:

@toppscards Mail arrived in Duryea, appears keeping USPS in business. Any more wrappers sent in at this point will unlikely be redeemed. We expect all wrappers that arrive by today & possibly tomrrw will be handled, outside that unlikely but will share more exact #s when have

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I have no horse in this race, but it seems like this contest only furthers the divide between huge case busters and the collector....

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Who the hell wrote that? You'd think someone with their Twitter password and permission to speak for Topps would know basic grammar and punctuation

140 characters... sometimes you have to shorten words to get the message out. tomrrw & #s if those are spelled out they'd have to use 2 tweets.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
140 characters... sometimes you have to shorten words to get the message out. tomrrw & #s if those are spelled out they'd have to use 2 tweets.

Not what I was referring to, I know the difference between shortening and bad grammar. They used very odd phrasing that actually used more characters because of unnecessary words. An example of what I meant, instead of:

Any more wrappers sent in at this point will unlikely be redeemed. (unlikely be redeemed?!)

use

Any wrappers sent at this point are unlikely to be redeemed.
or
Any wrappers sent at this point are likely to go unredeemed.

Second options don't sound retarded AND used less characters.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I think that the fact that people got their cases before live date is what messed this up for everyone else. I'm sure a lot of rippers had their wax before the live date. Topps should have limited how many packs people could get.

marterburn

I know there's ways around honesty, but i wish they would limit packs to say, 50/address. That would cut down the mass breakers eating up 80% of the packs, and give joe collector a chance at the 'value added' that topps advertised.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
crap. i picked the worst week (last) to be out of town. heading into the LCS today to do my case of jumbos. oh well.

A_Pharis

I know there's ways around honesty, but i wish they would limit packs to say, 50/address. That would cut down the mass breakers eating up 80% of the packs, and give joe collector a chance at the 'value added' that topps advertised.

Could you imagine the threads about "Topps Screwing Their Biggest Breakers" if that were the case? Holy cow, you'd be able to fill the Grand Canyon with all of the tears.

marterburn

Could you imagine the threads about "Topps Screwing Their Biggest Breakers" if that were the case? Holy cow, you'd be able to fill the Grand Canyon with all of the tears.

These packs are value added, not the impetus for breakers to break. So I think getting the packs into many different hands would give a more positive response to a broader base of customers

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota

HOLY CRAP! God forbid they use more than 140 characters to properly convey a message to their customers.

Sounds like there was some lack of planning done on the part of Topps. Good luck to everyone!

WaxPax

From Topps facebook page...19 mins ago....

Bowman Wrapper Redemption Update-

We hope all you enjoyed Bowman Baseball to date, the initial feedback received has been positive and we are hopeful the product will be a success for all of you. This year we added a special wrapper redemption program to Bowman, the first 10K that sent in wrappers would receive a special blue wave wrapper redemption pack with a chance for autos. The initial response has been great, we expect all wrappers that arrive by 5/14 & possibly 5/15 will be handled, outside that very unlikely we will have more inventory to handle any wrappers.