Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bought a card on ebay, seller says NRMINT-MINT, what do you think (scan)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Lewis

May 6, 2012
I bought a 2010 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor /25 of Nick Castellanos last week, here is the sellers description from the ad on ebay:
"Card is in NM-MT Condition."

It arrived today and I was happy, I looked at the cards front and was happy for the most part, then I looked on the back - and noticed a small ding in the upper right hand corner. I am not happy about this. My question is this, doesnt this ding in the card lower the grade to lower than the seller advertised and thus is not as described?

Here is a scan of the card. What do you guys think, is this NMINT-MINT?

-Greg

Attachments

• Castellanos Orange.jpg
    Castellanos Orange.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 90

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Tell him you want a refund. That should have been indicated in the description of the item.

A_Pharis

I will go ahead and say it since most people here that are sellers always get advised to not mention a "grade" or "condition" in auctions. Sellers here always get told to disclose damage and have pictures.

Conversely - if you want a Mint card... buy one slabbed. Ask the guy if you can send the card back and follow through with doing it.

Greg Lewis

May 6, 2012
I will go ahead and say it since most people here that are sellers always get advised to not mention a "grade" or "condition" in auctions. Sellers here always get told to disclose damage and have pictures.

Conversely - if you want a Mint card... buy one slabbed. Ask the guy if you can send the card back and follow through with doing it.

The card is not NrMint-Mint, as you have heard several people write. I saw a corner that wasnt sharp and didnt bat an eyelid, saw some surface damage, again, ok still NRMINT-MINT, but a dinged corner with a bloody crease is where I draw the line. I agree with what you are saying about alot of buyers cherry picking, but here with me, in this case, the card is not NrMint-Mint, its damaged and I want a refund.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
The card is not NrMint-Mint, as you have heard several people write. I saw a corner that wasnt sharp and didnt bat an eyelid, saw some surface damage, again, ok still NRMINT-MINT, but a dinged corner with a bloody crease is where I draw the line. I agree with what you are saying about alot of buyers cherry picking, but here with me, in this case, the card is not NrMint-Mint, its damaged and I want a refund.

So why make a thread when you obviously knew what you were going to do anyways? Just saying.

A_Pharis

Read what I said.
Numerous members that are sellers have come here from the opposite side of this transaction, and they are always told "Don't use grading terms in describing condition."
I was saying, conversely, that buyers shouldn't purchase raw with reliance on a seller saying the condition is "NRMINT - MINT" or any other specific condition.

The best way to get a certain grade is to buy graded -- period.

I even said to get your refund, but try to be cordial about making the return... because there have been plenty of honest sellers on these boards who have been in his position.

I also said nothing about "cherry picking" whatsoever, Mr. Guilty Conscience. ;-)

Members online

Latest posts