Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

KERRY WOOD TO ANNOUNCE RETIREMENT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
He's been dealing with health problems all year and hasn't been effective. Sad to see him go but glad its as a Cub. One of the all time Cubs greats

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
Wood and Prior were going to be the next Ryan and Seaver. See how that turned out.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Kerry Wood just retired, apparently. He just got a guy out in the 8th inning and is apparently done. They're giving him a big ovation. It's weird how time can telescope. It feels like, not yesterday, but certainly not 14 years and 2 weeks ago that he K'd 20 and I made a relative fortune selling his cards (and still have a hole in my 1997 BC set because of it).

Thanks to SiriusXM for finally getting it together to allow Sirius subscribers to hear baseball.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Seeing Kerry Wood hang it up brings a close to the exclusive 10+K/9IP club...with it's mere 3 members - Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and Wood.

This will be his lasting legacy as it's doubtful anyone will come close to sniffing that type of K/9IP ratio again. Lincecum is close, but it's almost impossible to make up the ground required to climb from his current 9.76+K/9IP.

It also highlights the absolute absurdity of Randy Johnson's insane 10.6 career K/9IP over a 22 year career. Just embarrassingly good.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Seeing Kerry Wood hang it up brings a close to the exclusive 10+K/9IP club...with it's mere 3 members - Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and Wood.

This will be his lasting legacy as it's doubtful anyone will come close to sniffing that type of K/9IP ratio again. Lincecum is close, but it's almost impossible to make up the ground required to climb from his current 9.76+K/9IP.

It also highlights the absolute absurdity of Randy Johnson's insane 10.6 career K/9IP over a 22 year career. Just embarrassingly good.

Which is why I think Randy Johnson it a top 3 pitcher of all time and definitely the best LHP of all-time.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Probably the player responsible for the Bowman Chrome craze as we know it. Yes I do remember Jose Cruz Jr., Hideki Irabu, and Travis Lee. I just mean in the sense of a player who went from relatively nondescript into having a $100+ card in a matter of months.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
if Kerry had been in the Pirates system he wouldn't have lasted this long . Glad to see him leave as a Cub.

Members online