Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anything of value in this Craigslist post??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
I don't really know much about older baseball stuff as I have mainly collected football and just have recently gotten into baseball cards over the last 5 years.

Every once in a while I will browse Craigslist and see if there are any good deals and I found an interesting post.

Do you guys see any boxes worth anything in there? He is asking like $4 a piece on the boxes and they are sealed.

5Ea5Fe5Jc3E23Nc3p1c533b258fb187d417ed.jpg

5Le5M85J43K63F53mec537f81fcb9486c173d.jpg

5I35Eb5He3K83L93Jcc530f46f07a184c1b43.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Might be something decent in those Stadium Club boxes, if you pull a star First Day Issue. $4 a box isn't bad if you're looking for a cheap rip that's low on value but high on nostalgia.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Not necessarily looking for a cheap break, just thought maybe one of those boxes could yield a card worth some $$

A few of the 1994 Stadium Club FDIs book in the $40-$60 range (Ryan, Ripken, Brett, Mattingly, Bonds, McGwire), but that's it. The 1993 Classic/Best Gold box has an incredibly tiny chance of pulling a Barry Bonds auto, and the 1994 Classic/Best box has an also incredibly small chance of a Jeter auto. Both Classic boxes have early Jeters, so you might be able to make a few bucks if you pull some of those.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
A few of the 1994 Stadium Club FDIs book in the $40-$60 range (Ryan, Ripken, Brett, Mattingly, Bonds, McGwire), but that's it. The 1993 Classic/Best Gold box has an incredibly tiny chance of pulling a Barry Bonds auto, and the 1994 Classic/Best box has an also incredibly small chance of a Jeter auto. Both Classic boxes have early Jeters, so you might be able to make a few bucks if you pull some of those.

Yea I looked some of those FDI's up on ebay and the ones that are graded sell pretty high. Might have to try my luck on those.

Thanks for the info I might pick up the 1994 Best box as well, its only like $4 so why the hell not?

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Those classic boxes look fun. I think that classic baseball had the Jeter autographs in them. Not sure if someone asked but what is the price? Now I see the price.

Last edited:

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
Those classic boxes look fun. I think that classic baseball had the Jeter autographs in them. Not sure if someone asked but what is the price? Now I see the price.

Roughly $4 a box. The guy hasnt responded back to my text so hopefully I hear from him tomorrow

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Those classic boxes look fun. I think that classic baseball had the Jeter autographs in them. Not sure if someone asked but what is the price?

Back in 1995, QVC had a special on those Classic boxes, you got a 1993 and 1994 Classic/Best Gold box, a 1994 Classic box, and possibly some extra inserts or a worthless auto (don't remember). I had my mom order me a set, and for a 15 year old kid, it was awesome. I'd buy those boxes for $4 just to bring back some memories.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Is there anything good in them? I can't find any completed listings for anything good on ebay and someone said there is a chance for a bonds or jeter auto but I don't see that anywhere on checklists or anything

The Bonds and Jeter autos are in the Classic minor league boxes. Those 1994 Select boxes don't have much in them, but there's always Dufex. Nothing says 90's like Dufex.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
So where do you see the Classic boxes then? I must be blind lol he has two of them? So you're saying the Stadium Club, Classic, and maybe the 1993 UD would be the best of the bunch?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
So where do you see the Classic boxes then? I must be blind lol he has two of them? So you're saying the Stadium Club, Classic, and maybe the 1993 UD would be the best of the bunch?

1993 Classic/Best Gold - 1st picture, blue box all the way to the left, right above the Leaf box.
1994 Classic/Best - 1st picture, exact middle, under the 2 Stadium Club boxes, right above the Select, has Carlos Delgado on box.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
1993 Classic/Best Gold - 1st picture, blue box all the way to the left, right above the Leaf box.
1994 Classic/Best - 1st picture, exact middle, under the 2 Stadium Club boxes, right above the Select, has Carlos Delgado on box.

Ok gotcha my eyesight is horrible. So go with the 3 stadium club and the 2 Classic for the best chance at pulling something decent?

Thanks for all your help btw I appreciate it.

Members online