Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My 1952 Topps set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I started focusing on this set a little over 6 months ago, although I received the Kell back in 2008. I'm not sure how far I'm going to get, but I'm only adding reasonable priced (both card and signing fees) cards that I get signed directly from the players.

Enjoy!

#10 Al Rosen
10rosen.jpg

#25 Johnny Groth
attachment.php

#38 Wally Westlake
38westlake.jpg

#40 Irv Noren
40noren.jpg

#64 Roy Sievers
attachment.php

#68 Cliff Chambers
38chambers.jpg

#85 Bob Kuzava
attachment.php

#94 Sam Mele
94mele.jpg

#98 Billy Pierce
98pierce.jpg

#116 Carl Scheib
attachment.php

#123 Eddie Yost
123yost.jpg

#157 Bob Usher
157usher.jpg

#161 Bud Bylery
attachment.php

#219 Bobby Shantz
219shantz.jpg

#233 Bob Friend
attachment.php

#246 George Kell
246kell.jpg

#259 Bob Addis
attachment.php

#262 Virgil Trucks
attachment.php

#307 Lou Sleater
attachment.php

Up to 19/407 so far on the set with 3 recently mailed out.
Also 11/16 different teams.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'm surprised how many of those players are still alive. Do you have a count on how many autos you can get before the inevitable happens?

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
When I began there were a little over 100 living players. I know two of the players I've gotten have passed (Byerly and Chambers) along with Dave Philley and possible more. There are many living players in series 6. It was mostly rookies, so they are a younger group, however the cards are so rare that they can easily cost $40 each. For my set I have 3 cards mailed out, 1 waiting to be sent, and 25 on my shopping list. Once I finish these I'll be done unless I want to pay up for more expensive cards and signing fees.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I hope Johnny Pesky is on your list to get soon. A lof of Sox fans can't imagine him not being around, but he's really getting up there. He still loves the game, and I bet he'd be thrilled to sign if you can get his card cheap enough.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I hope Johnny Pesky is on your list to get soon. A lof of Sox fans can't imagine him not being around, but he's really getting up there. He still loves the game, and I bet he'd be thrilled to sign if you can get his card cheap enough.
I would love to add pesky, however he hasn't signed his mail in almost two years. If he ends up doing a show, then I'll go ahead and try to find a copy of his card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts