Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miguel Sano's Age?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Im curious if anyone else truely believes this kid is really 19 years old. I just bought my tickets for the series against the Rattlers in 2 weeks and the more and more I look at him I honestly dont think he's 19. I think it'll turn out that he is 3 years older than his posted age.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
In 2009 there was a lot of speculation about his true age. The Twins had the MLB start an investigation on "irregularities" with Sano's age which included a DNA test to prove he was not using a false identity and that he was indeed Melania Jean Sano's child.

The Pirates were also heavily interested in signing Sano initially, but also had questions regarding his age. The team conducted a "bone graft test" that placed Sano's age between 16 and 17 (at the time he was 16).

I understand the skepticism about his age from fans, and certainly from a team preparing to invest millions in him. However, Miggy has jumped through all the hoops and passed every age test thrown his way from MLB, the Twins, and the Pirates and all seem fairly confident that his age is what he claims it to be. Thus, I would have to agree with the Twins assessment that their multi-million dollar investment is legit.

The eye test is just not reliable. My eyes tell me Pujols is older than he claims, that Greg Oden is a 54-year-old giant, and that Bieber hasn't gone through puberty.

Members online