Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great Night with the Salem Red Sox pics and IP scans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
A co-worker, aware my baseball hobby (obsession?), recently told me that Jackie Bradley Jr. is his wife's cousin. I typically make one or two trips down to Salem to watch the team each year, but with this news we had to kick it into high gear because Jackie will not stay in Salem long...we went last night with my son, my co-worker and his family and Jackie's father and extended family. It was awesome....here are the details.

This is how SoxProspects.com described last nights game: "Salem got another great start from Brandon Workman, and defeated the Frederick Keys (BAL), 3-2. Workman went the first 6.0 innings, allowing 2 runs on 5 hits, walking 1 and striking out 7. Despite his good start, Salem was still down 2-0 in the bottom of the seventh. With one out, Jackie Bradley, Jr. singled and came home on a Sean Coyle single. Bradley went 2 for 3 with a double and a walk. After a Travis Shaw walk, Coyle and Shaw pulled off a double steal to put the go-ahead run in scoring position. Xander Bogaerts came through with a single to put Salem up 3-2. Michael Olmsted struck out the side in the ninth to secure the victory."

I have to agree..Workman looked strong - I was impressed by his fastball and then he would break out a killer curve to freeze the batters. Bradley makes hard things look easy...very smooth and fluid with a strong swing. Xander I had high hopes for, but he did not look so hot...maybe it was an off night for him.

Some pics from the night:

The lineup card
IMG_0099.jpg

View from the stands...it is really a nice little ballpark to see a game:
IMG_0100.jpg

My son getting some autos from Xander and others:
IMG_0107.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg

This one is just to show off my new camera...Canon 60D...able to freeze a fast ball...
IMG_0128.jpg

Sean Coyle at bat...he looks like he is in Little League...but he is cut from the Pedroia mold:
IMG_0140.jpg

Xander cocked and ready to unload...
IMG_0188.jpg

Jackie Bradley
IMG_0175.jpg

After the game, Jackie and my son:
IMG_0190.jpg

2 ROMLB balls signed Jackie signed on the sweet spot:
IMG_0192.jpg

The ball my son got some of the guys to sign:
IMG_0194.jpg
IMG_0195.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg

He brought his glove...no fouls, but lots of autos...
IMG_0198.jpg
IMG_0199.jpg

Xander
xanderIP2.jpg
xanderIP1.jpg

Brandon Workman
workmanIP.jpg

Sean Coyle
coyleIP2.jpg
coyleIP1.jpg

Drake Britton
brittonIP2.jpg
brittonIP1.jpg

Jackie Bradley Jr
JackieIP2.jpg
JackieIP1.jpg
JackieIP8.jpg
JackieIP7.jpg
JackieIP6.jpg
JackieIP5.jpg
JackieIP4.jpg
JackieIP3.jpg

It was a great night and really fun to sit with Jackie's dad and extended family. He is a special player and a nice guy. I wish him the best.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
OK...what the heck is going on my with scans???? They are all the same size on photobucket -- and they are supposed to all be pretty small -- ...but showing at different sizes.

How are they showing for you guys?

Edit and update...they are showing correctly for me now. Enjoy!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
LMK if anyone is looking to sell a blue wave JBJ. I want to try to get one of those signed IP before he leaves Salem to go with the cards above.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Between the current hit streak and this crazy ending on eBay, I dug up this thread to relive some old memories.

attachment.php

But, if that one sold for $165, I am feeling pretty good about these two:

attachment.php

The Sterling is /25 and the Heritage ML is /15

I am also feeling pretty good about those "Player Edition" Leaf cards I picked up way back when. I know there was some controversy about them at the time, but I am glad to have them (especially as JBJ and others signed them for me).

Anyway, thanks for indulging me on my trip down memory lane as the guys are playing pretty darn well right now.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 37
  • duals.jpg
    duals.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 37

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
In looking back at that team ball, I now see that Travis Shaw and Christian Vazquez are on there. Man, they were loaded in Salem that year.

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
Great stuff. Thanks for bringing this back up to the top! The current Salem team is pretty loaded as well. I enjoy seeing the progress made by their prospects. We should be in a good place for a long time as long as Dombrowski doesn't get an itchy trigger finger and trade away some of the upcoming talent.

I need to get myself a Bogaerts auto. It is one I don't currently have. I have a few JBJ's as he was pretty reasonably priced until recently for some reason! LOL

Wayne

Members online