Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fun find from my childhood - Autos!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Sorry, no Mantle RCs :mrgreen: I was going through a photo album I had made as a kid about a big contest I won, and on the back pages I found these.

Back in the mid-80s there was a book going around that had addresses for TTM autos. I bought 8 stamps and sent SASEs to four players that I had cards of.

Player #1 - Cal Ripken, Jr

I did not get my card back, but I did get an auto'd postcard. I haven't seen it in years. One friend of mine suggested that it was not an actual auto or that someone auto'd it for him, but I couldn't tell if he was being serious or jealous. Maybe he stole it! :D

Player #2 - Jesse Barfield

This was the funniest as I got a letter back from an old woman saying, "Your friend doesn't live here..."

Player #3 - Alan Trammell

AlanTrammellTTMAuto.jpg

Player #4 - Andre Dawson

AndreDawsonTTMAuto.jpg

I'm not sure why, but I gave up after those four.

In middle school I was out eating Sunday brunch at a local hotel restaurant when these guys walked in. It took all of my courage to interrupt their breakfast. See if you can figure out the names!

RedLionAutos.jpg

Latest posts