Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps 5-Star Baseball!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Configuration: 1 pack per box. 5 cards per pack.
Topps Five Star Baseball will showcase the stunning designs that you have
come to expect, with on-card autographs and relics from Hall of Famers and
today's superstars. In addition, we are very excited to announce the
launch of a Five Star Club with exclusive year-round benefits.

Every pack will include...
-1 Autograph (Active Player)

-1 Autograph (Retired Player)

-1 Autograph Relic

-1 Autographed Book or Autograph

-1 Jumbo Jersey Relic, Bat Plate or Bat Knob

ALL AUTOGRPAHS ARE SIGNED ON CARD!

Here is the link to the PDF
http://atlsportscards.com/product_extra_files/Topps Five Star Baseball 2012 - HOBBY.pdf

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Nice!

Topps really has stepped it up when it comes to "High-End" releases in the Football market. 5 Star being tops on that list....I wondered why they had not brought the brand to the baseball side. If the Checklist justifies the price of the release, this could be a great set.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Topps is going in the right direction...but why do the patches always have to be so dang small in a $500 per pack product?

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Happy to see this, but I'll stick to prospecting products. I hope Gallardo is in this set and there are some sick patches though.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The Five Star Club will be...interesting. One of the benefits of membership is a "quarterly call with Topps employees." I can imagine what that'd be like, and that it would happen exactly once. Extra Bryce/Darvish/RGIII cards would be nice, I suppose.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Configuration: 1 pack per box. 5 cards per pack.
Topps Five Star Baseball will showcase the stunning designs that you have
come to expect, with on-card autographs and relics from Hall of Famers and
today's superstars. In addition, we are very excited to announce the
launch of a Five Star Club with exclusive year-round benefits.

Every pack will include..
-1 Autograph (Active Player) - ANGEL PAGAN

-1 Autograph (Retired Player) - SAL BANDO

-1 Autograph Relic - ALCIDES ESCOBAR

-1 Autographed Book or Autograph - DREW STUBBS

-1 Jumbo Jersey Relic, Bat Plate or Bat Knob - MIKE NAPOLI

ALL AUTOGRPAHS ARE SIGNED ON CARD!

:D

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Topps high end is garbage. ZERO resale value. The main chase in football (Cam Newton Patch Auto) only recovers 1/2 pack price.

Look at National Treasures... Hit a Cam and pay for a large chunk of a case.

Highly doubtful that more than one box in every two cases will get $429 back. Darvish will be old news by then, as well.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
yeah topps has a TON to prove in high end. Museum was a nice start, but topps will have to load up 5 star with 3X-4X times the value of museum
for that price. Can they do it?

Kevin

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
yeah topps has a TON to prove in high end. Museum was a nice start, but topps will have to load up 5 star with 3X-4X times the value of museum
for that price. Can they do it?

Kevin

Why? Museum was $300 for 4 hits. This is $450 for 5 hits. It's not that big a difference.

With Darvish, Harper etc in this years' rc pool, this looks to be Topps' attempt at an Exquisite-like baseball product, something even Upper Deck couldn't pull off. I know it says all sigs are on-card, does that mean there are no deceased cuts? Hard to believe with Topps' HOF lineup...

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Why? Museum was $300 for 4 hits. This is $450 for 5 hits. It's not that big a difference.

Museum was like a $175 price point on release.
If it got as high as $300 that was just a reflection of the screwy market that can happen with hot new releases. Looking now it seems to be around $230 a box......So that is a significant difference. Basically one box of 5 star for 2 Museum (even at a now higher price).

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Museum was like a $175 price point on release.
If it got as high as $300 that was just a reflection of the screwy market that can happen with hot new releases. Looking now it seems to be around $230 a box......So that is a significant difference. Basically one box of 5 star for 2 Museum (even at a now higher price).

My bad, I was off by a hundy. Looks like there are cuts in the product too. From a dealer standpoint I'll go all-in on this one.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
My bad, I was off by a hundy. Looks like there are cuts in the product too. From a dealer standpoint I'll go all-in on this one.

The sell sheet doesn't list the number (or potential number) of subjects of cuts like it does for the other autos. Just found that to be interesting......

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I want to see the checklist before I make a judgement. If it's the typical "dodge the scrubs" product we've seen so far, count me out. Topps can feel free to prove me wrong, but they haven't yet. I would hope there's some decent Yount stuff, since he hasn't had a decent autograph in a few years.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Like I said, has to be 3 times better than Museum to be worth it. Who is going to throw money at those odds?

Kevin

Members online

No members online now.