Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jason Heyward steal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
A week ago, I listed my 2010 Topps Finest Rookie Redemptions Jason Heyward auto and someone quickly hit the BIN at $50. I had been watching a 2010 Finest Blue Refractors Heyward Auto for a week and last night I put in a last second bid at $80 and won the card for $58. I guess not a lot of people know that these were only serial-numbered to 20. So the way I see it, I traded a base auto(not serial numbered) and $10 for a Blue Ref auto #/20. Pretty happy about that. Thanks for reading my brag post!

Erik

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008

WaxPax

No doubt he found a "sucker" to overpay for his base auto, but the highlighted statement makes it sound like he got over on the purchase. This is clearly not the case since all of the completed listings had a #'d/20 in the title...in short it was a nice "flip", "steal" is used for outright purchases...just sayiing

A week ago, I listed my 2010 Topps Finest Rookie Redemptions Jason Heyward auto and someone quickly hit the BIN at $50. I had been watching a 2010 Finest Blue Refractors Heyward Auto for a week and last night I put in a last second bid at $80 and won the card for $58. I guess not a lot of people know that these were only serial-numbered to 20. So the way I see it, I traded a base auto(not serial numbered) and $10 for a Blue Ref auto #/20. Pretty happy about that. Thanks for reading my brag post!

As he said, he got the same card he sold numbered to 20 for $8 more. If someone were to offer than as a cash/card trade I would say that's a nice steal.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Way to try an piss in someone's cheerios. Is this a message board about baseball cards or an English class?
A few members on this board need to clean the sand out of their shorts, alot of cranky trolls on here of late.
Opinions and excuses are like ass holes everyone has them and they normally stink.

No doubt he found a "sucker" to overpay for his base auto, but the highlighted statement makes it sound like he got over on the purchase. This is clearly not the case since all of the completed listings had a #'d/20 in the title...in short it was a nice "flip", "steal" is used for outright purchases...just sayiing

WaxPax

You are correct, this is a message board about baseball cards....That being said, KS has been here long enough to know there is a "Rolling Steals Thread" for these types of transactions. If he is going to make a separate thread to "Brag" about his great deal it should have legs to stand on, and sorry this just doesn't.... I'm not trolling here, just try to put into perspective the OP's claim of a steal, which wasn't....Everyone is entitled to thier opinion, including you...Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some sand to get out of my shorts apparently...

Way to try an piss in someone's cheerios. Is this a message board about baseball cards or an English class?
A few members on this board need to clean the sand out of their shorts, alot of cranky trolls on here of late.
Opinions and excuses are like ass holes everyone has them and they normally stink.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Wow, why can't people just be happy for others instead of trying to prove someone wrong. People are putting way to much effort into this post. Yeah, he may have not gotten a "steal" on the new card but he did considering the sale of the first card mentioned. Get over yourselves.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Jesus....... I guess I was wrong. I must have typed something in wrong on my completed auctions search because I got no results. I based my "steal" claim solely on the basis of my base auto sale. But thank you all (or maybe just WaxPax) for working so diligently to burst a fellow FCBers bubble, it's good to know that there's folks out there so eager to **** on you. I just bought a new house that i am feeling good about if anyone (WaxPax) wants to perform a thorough inspection and point out something wrong with it.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Jesus....... I guess I was wrong. I must have typed something in wrong on my completed auctions search because I got no results. I based my "steal" claim solely on the basis of my base auto sale. But thank you all (or maybe just WaxPax) for working so diligently to burst a fellow FCBers bubble, it's good to know that there's folks out there so eager to **** on you. I just bought a new house that i am feeling good about if anyone (WaxPax) wants to perform a thorough inspection and point out something wrong with it.

Some people just like to **** on others...the reasons why dont matter, they just want a chance to down other people.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know how some of you survive in the real world.

Would you rather have people lie and tell you that you didn't overpay?

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
Seems to me that a base auto + $8 for an auto /20 of the same player in the same product is a great deal, especially for a player of Heyward's caliber.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Forget my Keyser, my head is soze, er, sore after reading this thread.

Consider it an incredible upgrade!

The term "steal" should probably be better left for being able to purchase a card at less than half of what it usually goes for, but we know what you mean:)

WaxPax

If you are going to start a pompus thread to draw attention to yourself & brag about "the great deal" you got, you should be prepared to accept both kudos and criticism from others...BTW, I do not make it a habit of shitting on others, I just pointed out the closed auctions results that took all of 30 seconds to do...now, I'm done with thread and yes all the sand is out of my shorts....

PS-Congrats on the new house Soze....

Some people just like to **** on others...the reasons why dont matter, they just want a chance to down other people.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I don't think anyone was trying to shat on the op just disagree about it being a steal. As pointed out before if he wants to make a seperate thread about it he would get pats on the back if it were a great deal but gets a few disagreeing instead. Op - nice card, sweet price too.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

He posted a fact (the price) not an opinion. But don't let me interrupt your soap box speech with silly things like facts.

Latest posts