Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 30 most expensive pieces of sports memorabilia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
The called shot jersey actually seems like a bargain at under a million. obviously 3 million for the McGwire is probably the most over priced thing on the list.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
If that ruth called shot jersey and ruth all star signed home run ball sold today they'd be around 5 on that list if not higher

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The called shot jersey actually seems like a bargain at under a million. obviously 3 million for the McGwire is probably the most over priced thing on the list.

The value of that ball was the publicity that Todd McFarlane got with it at the time.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Wasn't the Clemente RC a PSA 10? I feel like that should have been mentioned in the slideshow.

Yes it was. Also the Hank Aaron RC that sold for over half a million dollars (can't believe i just typed this, lol) was also a PSA 10 and both should have been mentioned in the slideshow. How many collectors from the 60's, 70's and 80s are looking for their beat up and creased Clemente's and Aaron's, LOL!!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
The number of Ruth items and Yankees item is stunning.

Yeah i think Ruth has 10 of the 30 or something like that. Also, you have to take into consideration that this list is ONLY for items that have sold. There are many more far valuable items in the various sports Hall of Fames and in personal collections that haven't ever been for sale or items that have sold many years ago for low $$$ and would be worth a ton more today.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
The Buckner ball just recently changed hands. It had been owned by Seth Swirsky (who has an impressive collection) and its previous purchase price was $64000. Charlie Sheen once paid $93000 for it.

Members online

Latest posts