Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brandon Morrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Haven't posted on here in years. What do you guys think of Morrow's strong performance this season so far? Sitting on a nice collection of his chrome rookies and curious if you guys think he's breaking out for real or if he's just on a hot streak right now. The talent has always been there.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
He is in his turning-point-27-years-old season. I'd say he has turned the corner and is now one of the better strikeout pitchers in the game. He led the league in Ks per-9 innings last season and had 200+ Ks. Randy Johnson didn't become "good" until he was around 27. You never know when a guy will figure it all out and become a premiere type player.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
He is in his turning-point-27-years-old season. I'd say he has turned the corner and is now one of the better strikeout pitchers in the game. He led the league in Ks per-9 innings last season and had 200+ Ks. Randy Johnson didn't become "good" until he was around 27. You never know when a guy will figure it all out and become a premiere type player.
Exactly, and he didn't really become the Hall of Famer caliber pitcher until 29. And once he hit 29, he put together one of the most impressive pitching resumes of all time.

It's baseball, anything can happen.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
He was my sleeper, if you wanna call it that, for CY YOUNG this year. He has turned the corner and will be up there with the top 5 other pitchers in the AL, just my opinion folks.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Another shutout last night, leads MLB now with three. Really seems like the switch has flipped with him.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
He's definitely got the tools, he just needs to avoid the clunkers to become a truly premier pitcher. You don't see the true aces in the league giving up 6 earned over 2/3rds of an inning.

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
Justin Verlander has first REALLY good season last year and he was 28 when doing it. I've always liked Morrow and glad to see him doing well.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I like watching Morrow pitch, I just wish his success would have been in Seattle.

saucywombat

Feb 4, 2010
Folly Beach, SC
John Smoltz-esque

Great stuff, lots of SO's, potential to win the Cy Young or go 13-12 in a given season. Classic power pitcher, has the stuff to be the best, but will he be?

He's been great for my fantasy team.

Hobby wise not sure if the John Smoltz's of the world ever garner much interest despite the ability and HOF potential.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
John Smoltz-esque

Great stuff, lots of SO's, potential to win the Cy Young or go 13-12 in a given season. Classic power pitcher, has the stuff to be the best, but will he be?

He's been great for my fantasy team.

Hobby wise not sure if the John Smoltz's of the world ever garner much interest despite the ability and HOF potential.

Flex Hernandez went 13-12 and won the Cy Young. So....

saucywombat

Feb 4, 2010
Folly Beach, SC
Flex Hernandez went 13-12 and won the Cy Young. So....

Good point.

Felix was a statistical standout that year with ERA and SO's. But it also shows that guys with great stuff don't always pile up the wins.

Seems that power guys can struggle with the wins and losses sometimes (Nolan Ryan for example was a career .526 pitcher). So what is the upside for a guy who may pile up numbers in a market like Toronto with no rings. Smoltz at least was part of a significant playoff run and a world series championship.

Again I think upside is John Smoltz (who will be in the HOF) which is great, so the question is what would John Smoltz cards be worth if Chrome REF's, 1/1's, Rainbow printing plates were out in 1988?

Members online

Latest posts