Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Value help. Matt Barnes red ref auto patch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
Just got this beauty in and was wondering if anybody had some help on what kind of value to place on it. There's no help in Beckett on it, they don't even show anything about the red refractors. This is out of 2010 Bowman Platinum.

barnes_patch_auto.jpg

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
I had a red refractor Paul Goldschmidt auto from that set that sold for $130 ish. Not a huge market for them even though they are rare and beautiful card.

I would hold onto that one an sell it when he busts the majors.

Barnes is doing extremely well in the minors.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
There is a Jackie Bradley listed and the guy wants 400 OBO, it has been unsold for a while. The problem with these cards is that Barnes and Bradley both have Bowman Chrome autos and they seem to take the value away from the Platinums. Personally I like the platinums with the multi colored patches and low numbering. Like Cubsfan said, Barnes is doing real well now, wait till he gets some more attention and the card will sell better. As of right now, I would guess value around 120ish.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
If I pay $35-$45 for my Expositos, then It'll sell for more than $95 IMO.
If you are looking to sell, list it with a BIN/BO of $200 and see what offers you get.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
Thank you for all your help, I had no clue how he was doing or what it might be worth. I just knew that for $20 I couldn't go wrong. I like the suggestion of holding it until he hits the big show and then letting it go. Once again, thanks for the help.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I had a red refractor Paul Goldschmidt auto from that set that sold for $130 ish. Not a huge market for them even though they are rare and beautiful card.

I would hold onto that one an sell it when he busts the majors.

Barnes is doing extremely well in the minors.

I'd say it depends on the player. I sold a Mike Trout Red Refractor BGS 9.5 from the set for around $750.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Wait...you got for $20. Why is there no board-wide uproar? Oh...maybe because his name is not Manny Machado?

J/K. Just to let you know, I actually support purchases for way lower than the going price. I know it helps sellers but it also helps us collectors who don't plan on making a dime on anything we buy.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Wait...you got for $20. Why is there no board-wide uproar? Oh...maybe because his name is not Manny Machado?

J/K. Just to let you know, I actually support purchases for way lower than the going price. I know it helps sellers but it also helps us collectors who don't plan on making a dime on anything we buy.

Correct Matt is NOT Manny, and a Red Ref. Patch Auto /10 is NOT a chrome ref. auto /500.
One is not like the other. RESEARCH

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

Wow, you really are trying to push this.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
$20? Damn. Good purchase!

Just to clarify, I did not buy this from an un-knowing card shop owner or some little kid who didn't know any better. This card was listed in an email auction I receive and I bid the opening amount on it the first night I looked at it and nobody else bumped it up for the week the auction ran. I didn't do any research on it, just thought that it might be a good card and the $20 opening bid was worth the shot. Every now and then you get lucky!

Members online

Latest posts