Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Guys I Need Some Input..Can Anyone Shed Some Light on This Card...........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Below is the link to the card in question..This 03' UD Finite set is the only set to this day that I have ever "Chased" as a complete master set..I finally got the Ichiro auto a few months back, so I can finally say(other then 3 gold parallel's) I have a complete master set and I do mean complete..But back to my question, I have never ever seen one of these patch cards(the normal ones #'d to 25 or the gold parallel ones #'d to 10) that were HAND numbered like this one..So does anyone by chance have any input on this card?? Has anyone ever seen one of these patch cards hand numbered at all, ever?? There are alot of player collectors out there, so just maybe this could be legit, but I seriously doubt it..So anyone?? I dont recognize the sellers name, so I hate to use the word scammer and the like...for all I know the dude could have bought it years ago and is just now trying to part with it..So can anyone shed some light on this particular card?? Thanks

d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-SOX-PED...0361485500?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4842fc70bc

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I see tons on ebay and from all different sellers so I would assume real:

RED SOX PEDRO MARTINEZ 2003 UD FINITE GOLD 3 COLOR JERSEY PATCH #ED 10/25 | eBay
CHIPPER JONES 2003 FINITE 4 COLOR PATCH LOGO /25 SUPER RARE CHIPPER PATCH CARD | eBay
2003 Upper Deck Finite Elements Game Patch 2/25 Gary Sheffield | eBay
2003 UD Finite Shawn Green Patch Jersey Number 15/25 | eBay
ALEX RODRIGUEZ 2003 UD FINITE ELEMENTS PRIME LOGO JERSEY PATCH SERIAL #07/25 | eBay
140.jpg
140.jpg
140.jpg
140.jpg
140.jpg

Congrats on your set and scans of these as a set would look great! I have a couple Ichiro jersey ones myself :)

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Also to add...4 of those 5 above are STAMPED and not hand numbered. The regular jersey cards still have the foiled rectangle at the bottom middle so I wonder if some are faked away from the stamped versions.

EDIT: Benson me big time...I didn't comprehend your original post :( Nothing helpful to contribute here (shaking head).

Last edited:

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado

..........................Of all those you posted, all are legit for sure, except for the Pedro..The difference i'm referring to is the hand numbering on the Pedro patch..again, sorry I didnt make myself clearer in my post but thats the answer i'm looking for..The main reason I really want to know about this particular card, is trying to determine if by chance it actually might be some sort of variation I dont know about..I've chased this set for almost 10 years now, I have never ever ever seen one of these patch's that was hand numbered!!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
..........................Of all those you posted, all are legit for sure, except for the Pedro..The difference i'm referring to is the hand numbering on the Pedro patch..again, sorry I didnt make myself clearer in my post but thats the answer i'm looking for..The main reason I really want to know about this particular card, is trying to determine if by chance it actually might be some sort of variation I dont know about..I've chased this set for almost 10 years now, I have never ever ever seen one of these patch's that was hand numbered!!

Yeah I totally realized that and edited it into my second post :( Sorry again for the non help.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Yep no sweat I do appreciate your effort for sure..Someone out there can probably sway me to the light for sure..I'm more then sure its fake..Just need some re-affirming input from folks I know and trust..Or on the very very off chance, it actually might be a variant of sorts..Hell who knows what UD could have done all those years ago..Could be a hold back, extremely unlikely in my book!!..but stranger things have popped up before!!:confused:

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Could it have been a replacement for a damaged serial numbered Pedro?

......................George almost could'nt agree with you more...But in all these years, pretty damn close to 10 now..I've never seen one before..and like M777 said above, there is absolutely no distinction between the regular jersey cards and these patch's cards except for the #'ing of course and the gold coloring on those parallel ones. IMHO there's no way in hell i'd ever offer anything close to what the seller is asking for it, but if i could pick it up for a song I would..But I hate to drop my cash on a card knowing it fake, but I might take a gamble, albeit it would have to be cheap cheap cheap!!

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
The patch cards say Game Use Patch above Finite Elements and just under the swatch window. I don't think the jersey cards said Patch did they? I would think that it is a replacement for a damaged card sent in. Or it could have been one of the master set cards that UD used for its database. i have received stuff like that from them when they had stuff they were replacing. Wouldn't surprise me if it is a replacement card.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Okay...to get some credit/help back to you hehe...there is a distinction between the jersey cards and the patch cards...

The jersey cards say Jersey Swatch on the left and right of the window:
$(KGrHqV,!lkE3HM1W2v3BOGinDWCog~~0_3.JPG

The patches say Game-Used Patch BELOW the window:
$(KGrHqEOKiUE6UoeOU1QBOp5BFf,2w~~60_57.JPG

The hand numbered Pedro card shows Game-Used Patch below the window as well:
$(KGrHqJ,!hwE7Dd!Mo6jBOz80cI0LQ~~60_3.JPG

Maybe Upper Deck forgot to number the Pedro cards, or like George said replaced a damaged one. Would be interesting to see other Pedro patches to confirm. I'm thinking real now just due to the Game-Used patch wording below the window as you can't really fake that successfully :)

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
The patch cards say Game Use Patch above Finite Elements and just under the swatch window. I don't think the jersey cards said Patch did they? I would think that it is a replacement for a damaged card sent in. Or it could have been one of the master set cards that UD used for its database. i have received stuff like that from them when they had stuff they were replacing. Wouldn't surprise me if it is a replacement card.

...................Wow I do believe you just changed my mind for the good/better..I do believe you are correct...And this Pedro sure in the hell says patch on it..So I think it actually be legit after all..Wow, guess I was having a major brain fart on this one..Just wow, dont even know what else to say..But Thank You very much..I knew one way or the other, I was going to get the answer I was looking for..My mind set on this was pretty much set in stone and cant believe it actually changed..Wow just Wow!! Thanks!!

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hey man, we all try to help. I would be skeptical as well at first. I remember seeing some unnumbered stuff that UD sent me one time for some damaged cards. I contacted them and they said they were the "Proof" cards that they used for database photos. Totally legit but not numbered. Pretty neat that I had THE card that you saw when you looked on UD's website for a checklist. Good luck if you're going after it!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm voting for replacement as well. I have a replacement that is serial #'d different than all the other cards in the set.

01252525b.jpg

They are all #'d like #25, and #01 is different and goofy. I like it.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Here's my Pedro, it's stamped...but the hand-numbered one looks legit, my guess is, as George mentioned, probably a replacement...

MartinezPedro_2003UpperDeckFiniteElementsGamePatch.jpg

Okay...to get some credit/help back to you hehe...there is a distinction between the jersey cards and the patch cards...

Maybe Upper Deck forgot to number the Pedro cards, or like George said replaced a damaged one. Would be interesting to see other Pedro patches to confirm. I'm thinking real now just due to the Game-Used patch wording below the window as you can't really fake that successfully :)

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Thanks for all the input..Guess I got my mind changed on this card after all..Its just after all this time, its the only one that I know of or have ever seen thats been hand numbered like it is..So thanks once again!!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for all the input..Guess I got my mind changed on this card after all..Its just after all this time, its the only one that I know of or have ever seen thats been hand numbered like it is..So thanks once again!!

Now here's the question: Do you buy the hand numbered one for your set, or buy a regular stamped one for continuity? Or both to have the regular and a variation of it? Not trying to sound too technical but if you are building a real master set...this might be a legitimate concern...

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Now here's the question: Do you buy the hand numbered one for your set, or buy a regular stamped one for continuity? Or both to have the regular and a variation of it? Not trying to sound too technical but if you are building a real master set...this might be a legitimate concern...

........................I already have all the numbered ones #'d to 25..and also I have all the numbered ones(gold parallel) #'d to 10 as well..so I have a complete set so far..This particular one really piqued my interest..I might throw a bid out there, but unless all the other 24 patch's cards have a hand numbered one as well, then this one would to me at least just be a cool variation and not a legit concern..But like i've said above, at this point in time i've never seen another hand numbered one in all these years regular version or the gold parallel ones, ever!!

Members online