Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Orioles Close To Extending Adam Jones

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
According to both Ken Rosenthal and Jon Heyman, the Baltimore Orioles are close to extending Adam Jones on a long-term contract which is worth "well north" of the 6 year/$72 million deal given to Miguel Tejada in 2004. Sources suggest this was worked on during our off day and could be announced either tonight or tomorrow. This will also signal to potential free agents that Baltimore is serious about contending. Great day to be an Orioles fan.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Oh boy I hope his production does not go down now. On a side note the Brewers signing of Jonathan Lucroy earlier in the year is considered very friendly with the year he is having.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Oh boy I hope his production does not go down now. On a side note the Brewers signing of Jonathan Lucroy earlier in the year is considered very friendly with the year he is having.

They are getting their money's worth!
Last 10 games....

ABRH2B3BHRRBIBBKSBCS AVGOBPSLGOPS

2916459452971920 .349.393.597.990

We need to lock Jones up now!

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
You don't sign someone to an extension during their hottest streak in the bigs. Someone skipped the buy low sell high class in econ 101.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
The decision was probably made in advance or as a part of a longer term plan instead of just signing a guy because he is scorching with the bat.

You don't sign someone to an extension during their hottest streak in the bigs. Someone skipped the buy low sell high class in econ 101.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
You are like a broken record Trev.

He's been hot since day one this year.
When do you expect us to resign him?
We are 25% done with the season, and he's not letting up.

You mean this guy doing the victory celebration?
IMG_3086.jpg

From tonight's O's/Royals game. I've been going to O's games since we moved here 14 years ago and I've never felt that much buzz from the home crowd at OPACY.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
This might be the first year I have to get my Tigers-Orioles tickets ahead of time. I'm glad for Baltimore. Even though they aren't my team, they have my favorite park to watch a game, and it's been dead for years until now.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
This might be the first year I have to get my Tigers-Orioles tickets ahead of time. I'm glad for Baltimore. Even though they aren't my team, they have my favorite park to watch a game, and it's been dead for years until now.

I totally believe it was because of a Friday night and Memorial Day weekend but the Friday night game against the Royals, they set a franchise record for walk up ticket purchases (2 hours before game time). Over 11,000 walked up and bought tickets within 2 hours of game time. I think fans are starting to catch the glimmer of hope.

I'm still anticipating the crash though. But I'm enjoying the ride.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
As a huge Yankee fan I can honestly say that I'm liking Baltimore playing well again. The AL East is a much more fun division with them competing.

Members online

Latest posts