Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Javier Baez Officially Assigned to Low-A Peoria

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Looking forward to seeing how he does. Arguably the best pure hitter from last year's draft.

Phil Rogers ‏@ChiTribRogers
SS Javier Baez, Cubs' 1st-rounder, is being freed from ext spring. Will make debut for Peoria this weekend.Nice work on plate discipline.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Excellent! I'm about an hour from Peoria, will be making a trip down there soon now for a game.

I'm also going to the MWL all star game. Anyone else going? It's at the Kane County Cougars stadium I believe.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
and Drew Vettleson as well.

That whole Bowling Green team is loaded with guys, unfortunately none of them are Top 10 prospects. I would image that in the next few years some will make the top 10 but as I see it a guy like Vettleson doesn't fall into the same category as Lindor, Sano, Cowart and Beaz.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Side note, but Rock Shoulders posted a picture on Twitter today of him, Baez, and Vogelbach.

9stev8.jpg

Vogelbach doesn't look THAT obese anymore. Kudos to him for taking some initiative. Dude is still a porker, but no longer looks like he interns at Mrs. Fields' on off days.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Baez will officially be with Peoria tomorrow with Marco Hernandez being sent from Peoria back to Ext Spring Training

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
First professional AB - base hit.

Thrown out at second as he attempted a double.

Members online

Latest posts