Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Konerko quietly in BEAST MODE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
.392 10 HR 29 RBI 1.129 OPS

Crazy. I hope he's the starting 1B in the AS game. I know I've been voting for him.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Konerko is not the only Sox player in Beast mode! Dayan Viciedo is on fire. He just hit another HR today which is 3 games in a row and today he has 5 RBI's. He had a slow start but is showing what he is all about. Konerko is just awesome. It seems like the older he gets the better he is. Konerko is one if not the most under-rated players in baseball

Last edited:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Seems like Konerko gets no hobby love. Great player.

Very true. He is one of the best examples of how players who are hot prospects and initially do not live up to their hype never regain their popularity in the hobby. Konerko was a huge prospect in 1994, but didn't turn into an excellent player until 1999. Collectors generally lost interest in those 5 years and have never come back to him, despite the fact he's got a shot at 500 home runs if he can stay healthy.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
He is also undervalued in fantasy because people think THIS will be the year he gets old...

This thread needs CARDS

1998 Topps Stars Supernovas Gold /50
KonerkoSupernovasGold.jpg

Diffractors, baby! (Just ignore the other guys LOL)
KonerkoDiffractors.jpg

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Big fan of Konerko, didn't consider his season to be quiet though. Would be more than happy to see him hit .400

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Big fan of Konerko, didn't consider his season to be quiet though. Would be more than happy to see him hit .400

Dan, I just meant the attention he is getting is quiet. His numbers certainly are NOT quiet :)

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I have to ask. Does 500 HR get him in the HOF? He'll probably get his 6th AS appearance this year. Spent most of his career with the White Sox. WS champion.

Members online

Latest posts