Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are you concerned about tim lincecum?

concerned?

• yes

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • no

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
he's off to a brutal start and his velocity is no where near where it was a few years ago. Are you concerned about him?

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I'm not to concerned about him

YearAgeTeamSalary
200824San Francisco Giants$405,000
200925San Francisco Giants$650,000
201026San Francisco Giants$9,000,000
201127San Francisco Giants$14,000,000
28San Francisco Giants$18,000,000
201329San Francisco Giants$22,000,000

TyCobbSalad

May 26, 2012
Philthadelphia
I am from the perspective that he is my #1 starter on my fantasy team. The guy has won 2 Cy Youngs and a WS ring before his 30th birthday, not to mention he's a millionaire. I'm sure he'll be fine personally speaking. Baseball-wise, it could be tough unless he gets that velocity up and stops giving up 5 runs every 4 innings.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Can't seem to locate half the time and it seems like the frustration is starting to show in his body language. If I were a Giants fan I'd be worried he's a right-handed Barry Zito

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Maybe he needs a little time off to work out his issues. Even Halladay is having his moments this year. I think he'll be alright though.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Advanced statistics show that he's not nearly as bad as he seems. Still not close to what he was, but I think he'll turn it around eventually.

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
Advanced statistics show that he's not nearly as bad as he seems. Still not close to what he was, but I think he'll turn it around eventually.

Thanks Kurkjian, haha I'm just playing.
But in all seriousness he is getting ZERO run support, he lost a 1-0 game im pretty sure. Im not worried about him, im worried about the Giants offense. They are just not getting it done, and its showing.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
he is getting ZERO run support, he lost a 1-0 game im pretty sure. Im not worried about him, im worried about the Giants offense. They are just not getting it done, and its showing.
What does run support have to do with Lincecum's crappy pitching this season?
He has a a 6.41 era. The Giants could have the best offense in the league and it wouldn't change how poorly he's pitched.
Lincecum's era is the second worst in the league: http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/pitching/_/league/nl/count/27/qualified/true/order/false
How could a Giants or Lincecum fan not be concerned that something is wrong either physically or mentally with him?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
But in all seriousness he is getting ZERO run support, he lost a 1-0 game im pretty sure. Im not worried about him, im worried about the Giants offense. They are just not getting it done, and its showing.

Doesn't matter how many runs your team is getting when you give up when your ERA is over 6.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

I think his run support has been been fine. His most recent start, he blew a 3-0 lead against the Marlins, and the Giants ended up losing 7-6. Giants' offense has been much more potent than previous years. It seems to be all mental. He keeps getting into 0-2 counts and then throwing either meatballs or walking the batters. His control just isn't there so far. I think he'll pull out of it though.

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
Fangraphs did a great write up on him earlier this season and as I see it there is every reason to be concerned about him.

Basically since his rookie year, his velocity on his fast ball has decreased every season. He was able to intially continue success by adding an additional pitch. In addition, how good his stuff is to a hitter is determined by the Velocity difference between his fastball and secondary stuff. I can't remember a all the numbers, but basically this year the velocity difference has dropped below 5 or 7 MPH difference.

More or less the article concluded that he will not have success and will experience a high hit rate.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Pitchers have bad seasons. He hasnt even had a bad season, he is off to a bad start. It is not the end of the world.

Members online

Latest posts