Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HUGE additions to my Yankee Auto project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Well, my project to obtain one MLB pack-certified auto of every player to have one either pictured in or listed as a NY Yankee has taken a big step forward within the past couple weeks. I am now down to 6 retired/vet autos and only 5 RC autos from recent chrome products.

Here's what I've picked up!

I've been outbid at $80 on probably every one of these that has been listed within the past 2 years, lol. I decided to up my bid to $85 for this one and finally won!
textripleauto.jpg

This one I've been looking for for years. There are only 2 other copies I've seen for sale within the last few years and those are listed on Beckett for about $25 a piece after shipping. I decided to be patient and was able to pick this one up for about half that.
Kittleoriginalsauto.jpg

This last one didn't really get me closer to my goal because before I saw it on ebay a few weeks ago, I didn't even know it existed so it was never on my list, lol. But I'm glad I was able to pick it up as who knows when I'd see another.
careyheritageauto.jpg

Just wanted to share as I haven't added a vet auto from my list in over a year I think. Here's what I still need

Retired/Vets
Mickey Mantle (lots out there, just need to finally pony up and buy one)
Bob Watson (04 Topps Originals)
Kevin Brown (04 SP Game Patch, denoted as a Yankee but in dodger uni)
Johnny James (10 Heritage, pictured as a Yankee but denoted as an Angel)
Delvi Mendez (01 Topps Reserve, the weird PSA auto from this set can be found fairly easily but Beckett lists an actual card auto from this set, which I'm trying to track down)
Dustin Moseley (11 Topps Opening Day, harder to obtain that it should be, lol)

Bowman Chrome RC Autos
Manny Banuelos
Ben Gamel
Greg Bird
Rookie Davis
Dante Bichette Jr.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Strange that the Kittle is /201 and they're so hard to find. I bet barely anyone collects Kittle, so that means there's close to 200 of them hiding out still in packs or in junk collections somewhere.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Strange that the Kittle is /201 and they're so hard to find. I bet barely anyone collects Kittle, so that means there's close to 200 of them hiding out still in packs or in junk collections somewhere.

Tell me about it. I fear the same thing will happen with the Moseley. Probably in some junk boxes out there and alot in unopened product because no one wants to buy opening day, lol.

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
Tell me about it. I fear the same thing will happen with the Moseley. Probably in some junk boxes out there and alot in unopened product because no one wants to buy opening day, lol.

I have been doing the same thing with Detroit Tigers autos for awhile now. I need the Chad Petty auto card out of the same set as the Moseley. The scrubs from that set just don't show up that much.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Too bad you only want a certified pack pulled auto of Bob Watson. Guy is always at astros functions and getting him IP on a yankees card would be very easy.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the comments guys!

And predator, I may have to take you up on that at some point. I believe he was in 81 and 82 topps as a Yankee.

Members online

Latest posts