Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I love turning the tables on eBay scammers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Bought an item for $9. Charged me Florida state tax. Seller is in Tampa. I'm pretty sure I know the local shops, but hey, maybe this is a new one. So I asked the seller if he could provide me with a copy of the Florida State retail license requiring him to pay tax.

His response?

My store is in tampa if you want to see it come by anytime. Thank you

My thought - wow, another store. Okay, I'll bite. I asked him for the store address. I then googled his username, and found that it is in fact an incorporated business (whose filing has lapsed), with an address in what I thought to be a residential area. I googlemapped it and got a satellite view -- yup, it's a house.

So, I asked for the store address, noting that the address on file with the state appears to be your home.

Next response:

I refunded your 63 cents in tax your item was shipped and I uploaded the tracking # into the view order details section of the auction I would assume you will get it very soon thanks for your business.

----------

Trust me, it is NOT the $.63. It's the fact that this guy probably does an extra $50-100 in sales tax alone destined for Florida that never makes it. I'm considering alerting the state police, although I doubt they'll care.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
His response: List you searched under and saw my LLC it honestly not worth 63 cents for me to go and find it, scan it, and email it at 10:23 at night so I just refunded you the money. Your card is on the way.

=======

My response: You invited me to your store in Tampa. I'd like to check it out. Where is it?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
His response:
Please stop emailing me. I have refunded your money for sales tax and your item has been mailed. Enjoy your item. Julio is a very solid prospect.

My response:
So, is it fair to assume that you really don't have a store, based on your inactive status as an LLC?

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
His response: List you searched under and saw my LLC it honestly not worth 63 cents for me to go and find it, scan it, and email it at 10:23 at night so I just refunded you the money. Your card is on the way.

=======

My response: You invited me to your store in Tampa. I'd like to check it out. Where is it?
Can't you have a Tax ID number and not have a store? If he sell over $20,000 a year Ebay/Paypal are reporting him. I am by no means sticking up for the guy but just asking questions.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
If he really is defrauding the state like that, I'd hold his nose to the coals and report him. I mean, it's schmucks like that (among other things) that make the rest of us law-abiding citizens pay more in taxes.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
His recent response, I added the bolding.

Its fair to assume that if you continue to harass me I will be contacting ebay. You are not required to have an LLC. I also am working with a partner under there LLC as of now. I am not sure why I need to give you a full bio on how I run things but a very large portion of my transaction or through ebay as you can see consindering i have 10,000 feedback. Up until this point i didnt even realize that i had the setting charging sales tax to begin with considering it isnt mandatory to do so on internet sales as of yet. Only the paypal transaction over $20,000 have been 1099 for tax reasons. I refunded you your 63 cents and have done everything you wanted. I accepted your offer of $9 shipped on an item that occasionally sells over $10 with s&h and gave you a great deal. I shipped the item the same day payment was received and its on its way. I have completed everything needed in this transaction to make you happy. Is there anything else I can help you ??

--

yeah, Ian.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
And my response...

If you want to refund the rest of my money and keep the card, that's fine with me. So, since you admitted that you've been collecting sales tax and not realizing it - have you been sending it to the State of Florida? Or have you been refunding it to all of your buyers?

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
His recent response, I added the bolding.

Its fair to assume that if you continue to harass me I will be contacting ebay. You are not required to have an LLC. I also am working with a partner under there LLC as of now. I am not sure why I need to give you a full bio on how I run things but a very large portion of my transaction or through ebay as you can see consindering i have 10,000 feedback. Up until this point i didnt even realize that i had the setting charging sales tax to begin with considering it isnt mandatory to do so on internet sales as of yet. Only the paypal transaction over $20,000 have been 1099 for tax reasons. I refunded you your 63 cents and have done everything you wanted. I accepted your offer of $9 shipped on an item that occasionally sells over $10 with s&h and gave you a great deal. I shipped the item the same day payment was received and its on its way. I have completed everything needed in this transaction to make you happy. Is there anything else I can help you ??

--

yeah, Ian.

I was always a bit sketched out sending him sales tax in the past. Kudos for going after him.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Sales tax in the past? Really? Here's his recent response!

I have only been listing new item as of about a week or two ago I just doubled check my settings to make sure it doesn't charge sales tax anymore. I appreciate the help I also notice only one other person that was charged and I refunded them the $1.02 so thats the only other one. I already packaged your cards I have no problem sending you your item you won I never intended on it charging sale tax which is obvious considering it was refunded prior to you even asking for it to be refunded. Where you able to find the tracking number I mentioned ??

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
My response: Only one other person and you refunded it? Let's call a spade a spade. You refunded the .63 so hoped I'd go away quietly and not respond the way I have. I know of one other person who has paid you sales tax and it was 1) more than a week ago and 2) not refunded.

Do you want to be honest with me, or since you're fund of threatening to report people, do I have to go down that route?

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
He might get in more trouble with the city or county where he was issued a business license, if he even has one. They'll shut your ass down quick if you're an "internet retailer only"and you allow people to enter your home or "office" and make purchases or pick up purchases. I'm an LLC, but an internet retailer that collects sales tax on items shipped to Georgia addresses.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, that's a bold faced lie. I believe my transaction was in '09 or so, but he was absolutely adamant about paying it because I tried to get around it.

Can get a screenshot if need be.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
kecards once pretended to be a lil ol lady and could i give her ( him ) free cards for her collection.
So i bought it and did so, just to find out later he is typical card guy ******.
slimy as they come.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
his response:

Listen I am not really sure what you want me to say. At eleven o'clock at night I went through my paypal transactions to try and see everything that may have charged sales tax. I also did bulk edit on all my listing to make sure it doesnt charge sales tax in the future. I looked at a recent item I listed too to make sure it wasnt anywhere in there that I require sales tax and it does not. If you inform me of the other person that was more than a week ago I will glady refunded them as well if I dont find it myself. I also said a week or two or so ago. I also use a hosting website to list my items and sometimes an error can be made without being noticed. Calling a spade a spade I am being honest with you. Its not a matter of wanting you go away quietly and respond the way you have. I stated I wasn't aware it charged sales tax and I refunded it to you. I have no issue with anyone on ebay and sell cards as a part time hobby at night time as a fun hobby because I love sports. I am not threatening anyone just having to be on the defense on an honest mistake no one would be fond of. Mr. Novell as I told you I refunded your money since it was a mistake. All my auctions are revised to NEVER charge sales tax on any transaction. Anyone that was mistakenly charged sales tax will be refunded. We dont have to go down any route but I also am not trying to hide anything and have been honest with you.

mine

Your first message invited me to your store. Why would you do that if you didn't have a store?

--------------------

In 2009, he may have had an active llc.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
So now he is saying that he sells cards for fun at night because he loves sports, but in the initial message he said that he has a store that you're welcome to come by? Yeah this guy is a complete ******...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts