Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Bowman Signatures feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
Good Morning all,

I have been looking at Bowman Signatures since they came out and so far I am not seeing anything special to justify the price per box. I was pretty excited about them prior to the release date but that has faded. Not to mention, it does not seem that people like the look of the new cards which I cannot disagree with. Does this seem to be the case and are people losing quite a bit on their breaks?

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
I love the look of the base veteran set. It's got the Topps Magic look to it. I'm probably going to break even on my 3 boxes, if not make a few $$ off it.

The veteran autos are really nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-BOWMAN...US_Football&hash=item2a1e3c92da#ht_500wt_1287

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-BOWMAN...US_Football&hash=item35bcc6a9c7#ht_500wt_1287

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Bowman...US_Football&hash=item20c62d5b56#ht_500wt_1287

I'm not a fan of the generic jerseys on the rookies. It's not even their college jerseys with the logos removed. Just a bland solid blue or white. The undrafted free agents have a cool card called astroturf collegiate set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-BOWMAN...US_Football&hash=item35bcc6acdf#ht_500wt_1287

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
That is good to hear! I'm glad to see some positivity coming out of them. I will keep an eye on them as they go. I am curious to see if box prices will change before the season gets closer.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
I don't think the Chrome cards are done justice by the scans. The On Card refractor autos look great in person.

Some of the chase cards are not very well known, yet. For instance, the odds for either a Manning or Tebow SP are 1:97.6 BOXES.

There is no way a Tebow should be lingering on eBay with a $50 BIN.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I dig the fact that there are on-card autos from non-Rookie Premiere guys, like Matt Kalil and Marvin McNutt

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
I don't think the Chrome cards are done justice by the scans. The On Card refractor autos look great in person.

Some of the chase cards are not very well known, yet. For instance, the odds for either a Manning or Tebow SP are 1:97.6 BOXES.

There is no way a Tebow should be lingering on eBay with a $50 BIN.

Agreed, I don't think anyone realizes that Manning card exists except for the folks opening the product. I almost listed it yesterday as a base veterans card. I didn't find out it was an SP until today.

Those helmet chrome cards do look great in hand.

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
I have seen a few breaks recently where people post their auto's and say, "eh, nothing spectacular". Than they come back later and say, "Wait! I found out I had a Peyton Manning base and its a SP!" I bet half the people opening don't realize that and just pass them up.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
I have seen a few breaks recently where people post their auto's and say, "eh, nothing spectacular". Than they come back later and say, "Wait! I found out I had a Peyton Manning base and its a SP!" I bet half the people opening don't realize that and just pass them up.

<----------- you mean this guy's break? :lol:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
The vets look very nice, but the rookies look like poop for the most part. The helmet cards are kind of cool, and there is a nice rookie Turf Bowl auto set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
This is the first year that I have been really interested in the rookie class. I think a lot of that is that I paid more attention prior to the draft and learned more details about the players. I also did several mock drafts that made it more exciting! As I was expecting more from the Bowman signatures, I do still like them and hope to see some more solid breaks!

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
It is the first Topps product for collectors and prospectors to feed on but I think it was rushed. I was hoping the nondescript jerseys on the sell sheet would have simply been placeholders but, no, Topps couldn't even airbrush the things. I'll probably buy some of the helmet refractor cards when the initial hype slows down but otherwise will be waiting for Topps and Finest at this point.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I think you need to keep in mind this was a $100-120 product.......this price shot up once orders were severely cut.
When you look at it compared to the current price it looks a lot worse then it should have been.

My opinion is it seems they could have done a couple things to really make it look a bit better.....but I am happy they have the NFL team logo's and even with it not looking as nice as it could have, it still may be better (to me) than typical releases this time of year - like past Topps releases - Rising rookies or whatever, and DP&P, etc.

I have a box incoming. I liked the sellsheet as well. Liked it was chrome technology. Liked the 5 auto's for a bit over $100. And liked the NFL teams on the card. So I planned on buying a box.......I freaked out once I saw it disappeared everywhere. Found a place that was still pre-ordering for $150 and went for it.....Figured the production cut could help value. So we'll see. Hopefully it's not a complete waste.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
I'll echo the opinion that the veterans look nice, but the RCs look cheap. I see this product following the same trend that Rising Rookies did the year before.

03supto

Jul 25, 2010
any superfractors yet?? if not, price is scaring people away and they've yet to be pulled....

Latest posts