Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Appel to go 1-1 tomorrow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Jim Bowden just reported on twitter.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/06/report-astros-to-select-appel.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
I hope the Astros enjoy the next Luke Hochevar. Horrible pick, I would have went with Gauseman at the very least, he can throw a changeup.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Also Stanford pitchers are notoriously bad in the pros outside Mussina and to some extent Storen.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I gotta agree. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about the prospects but I feel like Luhnow will put together good drafts.

AK11

May 24, 2010
This is why it is hard at times to root for Houston teams. Between the Astros, Texans, and Rockets, they never make the "sexy" picks. I wanted the Stros to wow me for a change with Buxton or Correa, but no a college pitcher who I will never collect. The Texans bore me with defensive picks and receivers I could care less about (they will regress this year with lost starters and not addressing the offense enough). The Rockets are stuck in mediocrity at the end of the lottery with no talent to choose from (also because NBA drafts seem to stink badly after the top 10 picks).

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisBA
I'm told that #Astros have no decison at 1-1 and are discussing five names. I guess Appel, Buxton, Correa, Gausman & maybe Almora. #mlbdraft

AK11

May 24, 2010
Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisBA
I'm told that #Astros have no decison at 1-1 and are discussing five names. I guess Appel, Buxton, Correa, Gausman & maybe Almora. #mlbdraft

That's slightly encouraging, but I expect the Stros to take Appel.

Members online

Latest posts