Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is the Mets R.A. Dickey for real?

Dickey for real?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I've seen just about every outing this year and I must say something is working, he looks very polished and could be an outside candidate for the C.Y. if he keeps it up! For everyone who is watching his 2012 season, what are your thughts? For those who are not up to speed, he is 8-1 with a 2.69 era, a 70/17 K/BB ratio and holding all opposition to a .230 ba so far in just over 73 innings pitched. Until now I have simply been pleased, bit with his performance yesterday where he threw a 9K shutout against STL, I'm starting to believe he is reborn!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I sure hope so! Let's Go Mets!

:D

I'm going to be hitting my LCS this week, searching the commons boxs for his 1997 chrome stuff. If he continues to perform well, it's only a matter of time before a solid profit will be made!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
He's been for real the past two seasons.

Granted I think he stepped up his previously lack luster game in 2011, but something just seems different this year. I think he is pitching with much more confidence, and just seems more polished to me.

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010
Granted I think he stepped up his previously lack luster game in 2011, but something just seems different this year. I think he is pitching with much more confidence, and just seems more polished to me.

He's comfortable. He knows, at this point, that the Mets will pick up his $5 mil option for 2013. And after that, they'll hopefully offer him a longer deal.

He's shown greatness here and there. I think this year, including with the releasing of his book and the documentary, he knows he's not going anywhere. He's probably my favorite player right now on the Mets.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Knuckleball pitchers are historically pretty streaky. As a Mets fan, I love Dickey, but I don't feel like I can count on him in a playoff start. I will continue to root for him and enjoy his starts, but I just don't think any knuckleball pitcher can be dominant in the same way that a fastball pitcher can be dominant.

Members online

Latest posts