Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1982 Fleer Test card Rickey Henderson!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I posted this in the Rickey thread, but I was pretty excited about adding it to the collection, so figured it deserved a post here as well!

I only found out about the existence of the 1982 Fleer Test cards a few years ago, and never thought I'd find a reasonable price on the Rickey.

82FleerTest_1.jpg

82FleerTest_6.jpg

All the information I could find about the test release is in my latest blog post: http://www.rickeyhendersoncollectibles.com/2012/06/1982-fleer-test-cards-rickeys-first.html

If anyone has any more details to share, that would be awesome, as I'd like the post to be as accurate as possible.

Does anyone else have a 1982 Fleer Test of their player/team?

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Thank you very much for the read. Very nice. I find it very interesting you have a back on your card. I have never heard of backs. My Ripken is blank backed. I have also heard of sheets being printed in various colors as well. I'll have to look but I think I've seen a Red and a Yellow sheet. I believe I have an image saved somewhere.

test.jpg

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Alright I have found the proof sheets I was looking for. Here they are. There is a Red only, a blue and yellow, and a red and yellow. The person who owns these refers to them as progressive proof sheets.

DSC04161.jpg

DSC04156.jpg

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
And here is the last sheet (Red and Yellow). I can't get it to work like the others but you get the idea. Exact same thing but with different colors.

One interesting note is the strip of cards off to the right where the player is the same in every card is Yaz. I don't think the card was ever created.

tn

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Congrats on the card. Love stuff like that. In addition to your sheets, fwiw there is also a Blue Line Proof Sheet. I erased the pics awhile back. Here's some info on it I found on a old post I made.

The blue line proof sheet used in the original production of 1988 Fleer Basebal Cards. This sheet was obtained from the original photographer who produced player photos and stats for Fleer Corp in the 1980's. Wax like paper sheet containing six rows of eleven player card photo fronts. Once the photos were taken they were scanned on paper sheets and sent back to the photographer along with the card back sheets for verification of faces and statistics. Once this authentification process was complete, these sheets were returned to Fleer for final production of the actual cards.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Alright I have found the proof sheets I was looking for. Here they are. There is a Red only, a blue and yellow, and a red and yellow. The person who owns these refers to them as progressive proof sheets.

DSC04161.jpg

DSC04156.jpg

Nice sheets. I thought you had them in hand.

Last edited:

Latest posts