Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How Can I Keep My Balls Firm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I've got a couple of footballs that I'd like to put in display cases now that I have the extra room in my house, and wanted to know if there's a way to help with the deflation.

Is there a way to keep them firm without having to pump them with air when they deflate naturally?

Wes

OG
Administrator
Card Magnet said:
I've got a couple of footballs that I'd like to put in display cases now that I have the extra room in my house, and wanted to know if there's a way to help with the deflation.

Is there a way to keep them firm without having to pump them with air when they deflate naturally?

Nitrogen doesn't seep like air - I know they use that for tires.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Ahh, nitrogen...never thought of that. Now my next question - where can I find nitrogen to pump into them?

I thought the way I said the question might catch some eyes and get some more views, lol.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
LLWesMan said:
Card Magnet said:
Ahh, nitrogen...never thought of that. Now my next question - where can I find nitrogen to pump into them?

I thought the way I said the question might catch some eyes and get some more views, lol.

Costco.
Thanks for the response. Just one problem - there's no Costco within 50 miles, lol. I'll do some Googling and see if I can find somebody around here.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
guess newer aren't as good as old ones . i have a pee wee football from 1975 still half full - signed by team i helped coach . my doctor now was one of those players .

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
If you were to have a fire in your home...couldn't that be potentially really dangerous to have a bunch of nitrogen filled footballs in your home?

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
beavis.jpg

Huh-huh, you said BALLS

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
predatorkj said:
If you were to have a fire in your home...couldn't that be potentially really dangerous to have a bunch of nitrogen filled footballs in your home?

I don't believe so. Although many fertilizers and bomb-making materials have nitrogen compounds in them, I don't think that nitrogen itself is any worse then regular air. Now if you were to fill your balls with hydrogen, that would be a different story.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Groat said:
predatorkj said:

I don't believe so. Although many fertilizers and bomb-making materials have nitrogen compounds in them, I don't think that nitrogen itself is any worse then regular air. Now if you were to fill your balls with hydrogen, that would be a different story.
Yes, hydrogen would be bad, lol.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
Check with any new tire retail outlets.
I know around here I've seen offers of free Nitrogen with the purchase of a set of new tires.
David

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Not sure on how to keep them firm but this is how you can clean them ;)

[youtube:25t71wzy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZKL74LgMg[/youtube:25t71wzy]

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

kentuckyderby - I've just got regular air in them because I couldn't find any nitrogen locally.

David T. - The only two I found said I could only use it for tires.

G $MONEY$ said:
Not sure on how to keep them firm but this is how you can clean them ;)

[youtube:1xr4yobn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZKL74LgMg[/youtube:1xr4yobn]
:lol:

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Groat said:
predatorkj said:

Nitrogen is a inert gas and nonflammable. I used to use it to pump up fire sprinkler systems.

Latest posts