Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

#1 Pick Carlos Correa Expected to Sign With the Astros By Thursday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Bravo. I hope more teams follow suit.

Astros Expect To Sign Correa By Thursday
By Zach Links [June 5, 2012 at 5:52pm CST]
General Manager Jeff Luhnow said that the Astros expect to sign first-overall pick Carlos Correa by Thursday, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com (via Twitter). The high school shortstop was tabbed by Houston after the club also considered Stanford right-hander Mark Appel and other top prospects.

The deal is expected to be worth roughly $5MM, sources tell Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. The Astros were considering a few other options very late in the game as one source told Heyman that the decision "came down to the last thirty seconds.''

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
I wonder where he starts his professional career.

Good job by both sides to get a job done immediately.

Would this be the fastest the #1 overall pick signed?

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Good thing about signing w the Astros is he will eventually make it to Lancaster. Never gotten a minor league auto at a game but he might be worth it.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's all but done.

Astros Agree To Sign Carlos Correa
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [June 6, 2012 at 4:56pm CST]
The Astros have a verbal agreement to sign first overall selection Carlos Correa, according to owner Jim Crane, MLB.com's Brian McTaggart reports (on Twitter). GM Jeff Luhnow said earlier in the week that he expected to sign the Puerto Rican shortstop by Thursday.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
No way he starts in full season ball. He's only 17. He'll probably start in the GCL and maybe NYP before the season is over. I LOVE the new deadline. Sign the deal and get on the field or quit wasting our time.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
No way he starts in full season ball. He's only 17. He'll probably start in the GCL and maybe NYP before the season is over. I LOVE the new deadline. Sign the deal and get on the field or quit wasting our time.

I completely agree with you here Trevor.

I was getting tired of players waiting until the absolute last minute before signing or demanding WAY too much money, only to be a bust in the long run, wasting the time, money and resources of the organization that drafted them.

Extremely happy the 'Stros were able to lock him up so quickly and I REALLY hope this enables them to sign McCullers as well.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I don't think they would have drafted him if they weren't very very confident they would sign him. All of Luhnow's quotes in the Chronicle make it seem like it's a sure thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts