Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Witness say Suggs WAS hurt playing hoops, does it matter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
With tons of Ravens (and Steel and Bengals fans) on here, I was wondering if it really Mattered IF Suggs was lying to the Media about how the injury Happened? And does it matter IF he lied to the team, which to me is a MUCH bigger Problem...

NFL.com's report on it: In the hours after we learned Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs had torn his Achilles' tendon, ESPN reported that the injury occurred while he was playing basketball. Suggs and his agent immediately and repeatedly rejected that notion. The issue was mostly forgotten, and the Ravens apparently won't go after any of Suggs' money. ESPN, however, doubled down on its report Tuesday.The network spoke to a number of eyewitnesses and staff members of a Glendale, Ariz., gym, where Suggs participated in a three-day basketball tournament. Herman Hoffman, the director of the gym, told ESPN that his staff members saw Suggs injure himself while playing basketball.
"I was watching SportsCenter, and they said he did it during a conditioning test, and I said, 'What? What's going on here?' " staff member Adam Bowman said. "And then to lie about it ... "
Suggs was contacted by ESPN and stuck by his story."Simply not true. I hurt myself doing my conditioning test," Suggs told the network through his agent. According to the report, witnesses saw Suggs get into a collision and take a bad step, possibly on someone's foot.
Ultimately, the nature of Suggs' injury doesn't make a difference if the Ravens don't want to go after his money. The team hasn't shown any inclination to do so.

Members online

Latest posts