Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the most overrated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Simple8

May 21, 2012
Atlanta
Getting close to the All-Star game, who is the most overrated player? And who has the most ridiculously valued cards?

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I'm a Cubs fan and I'm hopeful that Anthony Rizzo is the real deal, but $50 for his base chrome autographs is too much given how he hit during his call up last year.

As for overrated in MLB, it's tougher to answer this question than it used to be because everyone who follows the game is generally more knowledgeable than ever before. I think Jose Reyes has always been overrated. Career .290 hitter with an OPS below .800. For pitchers, I might say James Shields, because he is sometimes referred to as Tampa's ace, but he has a career 3.98 ERA. He's a good pitcher, eats innings, and would be top 3 on almost any staff, but far from great.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Bryce Harper

/thread

That's so funny! Because.... I opened this thread directly after it was made, and had the chance to post first, and almost did. I was going to say:

Derek Jeter.

[/thread]

And then I thought Nah, that's TBP's job, I don't want to steal his thunder... and you go with Bryce Harper.

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
Bryce Harper

/thread
I don't understand how he is overrated! He was 16 and they said he would be amazing. And he is playing pretty damn good for a 19 y/o. In the card world young, successful, and successfully living up to the hype will do just that to your cards for a reason.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
That's so funny! Because.... I opened this thread directly after it was made, and had the chance to post first, and almost did. I was going to say:

Derek Jeter.

[/thread]

And then I thought Nah, that's TBP's job, I don't want to steal his thunder... and you go with Bryce Harper.

+in between 3.1415926-3.1415927

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I don't understand how he is overrated! He was 16 and they said he would be amazing. And he is playing pretty damn good for a 19 y/o. In the card world young, successful, and successfully living up to the hype will do just that to your cards for a reason.

TBP has a complex where he has to bash prospects (using as little words as possible with lots of exclamation points) to express his belief that his way of collecting is superior to everyone else's.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

Hes playing pretty good for a vet.

Members online

Latest posts