Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Week's Hot List is Live!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Lol. I guess it would be.
Good luck.

We've been through this time and time again, the Hot List is based on % change.

Therefore Story's autos going up buy 50-75% exceeds whatever Harper related suggestion you posted this week...

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
We've been through this time and time again, the Hot List is based on % change.

Therefore Story's autos going up buy 50-75% exceeds whatever Harper related suggestion you posted this week...

Unless someone can prove the Boyd auction was shilled, I believe an increase from $207 to $330 is pretty significant. Like 62.7% significant.
Who's happier, those folks still with Harper Chromes seeing the resurgence, or those with Stories seeing a $5 increase?

Love the list as always.
Rock on.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Unless someone can prove the Boyd auction was shilled, I believe an increase from $207 to $330 is pretty significant. Like 62.7% significant.
Who's happier, those folks still with Harper Chromes seeing the resurgence, or those with Stories seeing a $5 increase?

Love the list as always.
Rock on.

Who is happier? Doesn't matter to me.

Most Harper Chrome Autos the prior week were more around this price [phil]221027962256[/phil] making the move a bit less. I typically try not to pick the highest sale one week and the lowest a prior week if there are an abundance of the cards that have sold, which in Harper's case, there are.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Honestly, not saying this to be rude, but who cares what percentage a card goes up. I would rather make $100 on a card that went up 10% than $5 on a card that went up 75%. I think you should be paying more attention to actual increased value and less on percentages. You are missing a lot of great cards and players that are much better sales and are "hotter" than some of these $10 Minor League player cards. Just some constructive criticism, not meant to be argumentative. I enjoy your Hot Lists, just making a suggestion to maybe help make them even better.

Last edited:

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Honestly, not saying this to be rude, but who cares what percentage a card goes up. I would rather make $100 on a card that went up 10% than $5 on a card that went up 75%. I think you should be paying more attention to actual increased value and less on percentages. You are missing a lot of great cards and players that are much better sales and are "hotter" than some of these $10 Minor League player cards. Just some constructive criticism, not meant to be argumentative. I enjoy your Hot Lists, just making a suggestion to maybe help make them even better.

Gotta find a niche, mine is % increase...certainly merit to what you are saying as well.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
To be fair, this list is probably just important to those buying just as much as the person trying to make a buck.... or 100. Its intesting to see what people are going after regardless of price.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I love these lists because I personally find reading them to be hilarious even though I don't understand half of the references. The most informative post of the week is the Nomination thread. Love the content that gets thrown around in there.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009

Dollar-cost-averaging is your friend.

Take that $100 you wanted to spend on one card and buy-up numerous lowered end cards. Say you bought 20 of the same cards @ $5 each, its much more conceivable that card could go from $5 to $10 or $15 over another card go from $100 to $200 in the same time span.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I love these lists because I personally find reading them to be hilarious even though I don't understand half of the references. The most informative post of the week is the Nomination thread. Love the content that gets thrown around in there.

You probably aren't the only one who doesn't get half the references. My brain admittedly works in strange ways, I wish "this is the story of a girl" hadn't been the first thing that came to my mind when I saw a chrome autograph with a rockies prospect on it.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Keep Zack Wheeler as his 2009 autos have been on the rise. He has been fantastic this year and now many are saying he is the best pitcher in the minors. I know his sterlings were getting $10-12 and are now $20 or more.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Dollar-cost-averaging is your friend.

Take that $100 you wanted to spend on one card and buy-up numerous lowered end cards. Say you bought 20 of the same cards @ $5 each, its much more conceivable that card could go from $5 to $10 or $15 over another card go from $100 to $200 in the same time span.

Only thing I dislike about that is, I hate having a substantial percentage of the cost of my card wrapped up in shipping. You buy a $7 card + $3 shipping, 30% of the cost is to get the card to your door. The ebay value on that $7 card would have to double to $14 in order for you to make $1-$2 after fees, and as this list suggests, you have to be hot in order for low end cards to get a modest $5 bump.

I'd much rather invest high end because when the player gets attention, they actually move enough so that it's actually worth your while and time.

Members online