Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Prospect Hot Sheet - 6/8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
#4.

JESSE BIDDLE, LHP PHILLIES
Team: high Class A Clearwater (Florida State)
Why He's Here: 1-0, 0.00, 1 GS, 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 12 SO
The Scoop: Biddle has been nearly untouchable for almost two months now. Since giving up seven runs (four earned) in his April 19 start, Biddle hasn't given up more than two runs in any of his eight outings since. He has the fifth-best ERA in the minors over that span at 1.17 in 46 innings, and his mark for the year has dropped to 2.51. He's gone seven innings in three consecutive starts, but his outing last Sunday against Palm Beach was his best yet. Biddle fanned a career-high 12 hitters and retired the last 11 he faced. He ranks third among FSL starters in opponent average (.221) and leads the league in strikeouts per nine innings at 10.05 (64 in 57 innings).

:) :) :)

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Dom Brown getting a little mention. You've really got to wonder why the Phillies continue to keep him in AAA when you've got such need in the majors. Sure, he's not lighting AAA on fire, but could there really be any harm at this point in letting him cut his teeth in the majors? He certainly couldn't be any worse than Mayberry...

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Jose Fernandez is filthy.

Maybe KLaw can stop being so stubborn now and recognize him as a top 25 prospect.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Carlos Triunfel, an 0-20 week. Do any Mariners fans on here still have hope for that guy? I watched him play several times over the past 2 years in Jackson and he just about looked overmatched every time. I know he's still young but he's been around for years.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Jose Fernandez is filthy.

Maybe KLaw can stop being so stubborn now and recognize him as a top 25 prospect.

Probably not. If he hasn't by now, he never will, because KLaw takes these thing personal it seems. If he misses the boat on a guy, he tends to pretend they don't exist.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Probably not. If he hasn't by now, he never will, because KLaw takes these thing personal it seems. If he misses the boat on a guy, he tends to pretend they don't exist.

That's what I was thinking. He's very good at what he does...but he would be even better if his ego didn't get in the way.

Latest posts