Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Listing Question: BIN BO or Auction with High Starting Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Looking for some feedback here. I have been going back and forth between listing items Buy It Now Best Offer and listing items 7 day auction at a starting price that is the least I will take for the card. I like the idea of doing the auction to save on the 50 cent listing fee, but I am getting the feeling that many people just skim over the auction if the price is more than 99 cents.

Wondering if anyone else has experimented with both types of listings and what you all notice or feel nets the larger sale price. Keep in mind I am only doing this on items that are in the $10-$40 range. Higher end stuff I don't mind that 50 cent fee.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Looking for some feedback here. I have been going back and forth between listing items Buy It Now Best Offer and listing items 7 day auction at a starting price that is the least I will take for the card. I like the idea of doing the auction to save on the 50 cent listing fee, but I am getting the feeling that many people just skim over the auction if the price is more than 99 cents.

Wondering if anyone else has experimented with both types of listings and what you all notice or feel nets the larger sale price. Keep in mind I am only doing this on items that are in the $10-$40 range. Higher end stuff I don't mind that 50 cent fee.

I have 2 accounts.. one for my store where I can list high end items for $0.20 and then one account for listing items on auction for free no matter what the price.. (up to 50 per month)..

With the non-store account, I don't get charged a fee unless it sells...

Good luck,

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I have 2 accounts.. one for my store where I can list high end items for $0.20 and then one account for listing items on auction for free no matter what the price.. (up to 50 per month)..

With the non-store account, I don't get charged a fee unless it sells...

Good luck,

That's true about not paying a fee unless it sells, but you're limited to only 50 auctions a month for that account and you pay more if it sells. I didn't like losing the 50 free listings a month, but one of the reasons I decided to open an Ebay store is because the final value fees on auction items are less. I guess it probably depends on the dollar amount of each card you sell and the likelihood of each card selling to determine which strategy works best. I only opened my Ebay store a few weeks ago and after a month I will calculate how much extra I paid in listing fees and the monthly store fee vs. how much I saved in final value fees.

Members online

Latest posts