Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Welcome back Brian Roberts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Laced a line drive up the middle in his 1st at bat in over a year. Hope he's able to stay on the baseball field. We need him.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
Stones and glass houses blah blah blah. This has nothing to do about the Sox, who currently are in last.

The analyst in me says that this is the end Carl. Look at the O's periphs, especially their sabermetric pitching stats. Regression to the mean is going to be a bitch. I love you man, but I can't ignore all the stats pointing towards a significant over-performance this far into the season. Negative run differential, xFIP (4.09), etc.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Stones and glass houses blah blah blah. This has nothing to do about the Sox, who currently are in last.

The analyst in me says that this is the end Carl. Look at the O's periphs, especially their sabermetric pitching stats. Regression to the mean is going to be a bitch. I love you man, but I can't ignore all the stats pointing towards a significant over-performance this far into the season. Negative run differential, xFIP (4.09), etc.

Dude, I know it's going to happen. Half of our team belongs in AAA. BUT, if we can be around 1st or a WC spot by the All-Star break, we can pick up a decent starting pitcher or two (Garza? Dempster? Wandy Rodriguez?).

With Roberts back and Markakis coming back soon, we are only 2 starting pitchers and a consistent bat (preferably a 3B - Youkilis?) away from making the playoffs.

It would go a long way for this franchise if Duquette shows he is serious and stops signing Nate McLouths, Bill Halls, and Jamie Moyers.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
Dude, I know it's going to happen. Half of our team belongs in AAA. BUT, if we can be around 1st or a WC spot by the All-Star break, we can pick up a decent starting pitcher or two (Garza? Dempster? Wandy Rodriguez?).

With Roberts back and Markakis coming back soon, we are only 2 starting pitchers and a consistent bat (preferably a 3B - Youkilis?) away from making the playoffs.

It would go a long way for this franchise if Duquette shows he is serious and stops signing Nate McLouths, Bill Halls, and Jamie Moyers.

Agreed if the trade doesn't become a 4 month rental.

Members online

Latest posts