Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roger Clemens: "Not Guilty On All 6 Counts"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Clemens' lawyer managed to find the only 12 people in America who don't think Clemens was juicing. Good for him. He's still a cheating scumbag, and I'm quite sure everyone knows better.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Clemens' lawyer managed to find the only 12 people in America who don't think Clemens was juicing. Good for him. He's still a cheating scumbag, and I'm quite sure everyone knows better.

I think it had more to do with a failed prosecution attempt than finding "the only 12 people in America who dont think Clemens was juicing."

Besides, he was on trial for lying to Congress about PED use, not actually using. Can people start to get that right???

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I think it had more to do with a failed prosecution attempt than finding "the only 12 people in America who dont think Clemens was juicing."

Besides, he was on trial for lying to Congress about PED use, not actually using. Can people start to get that right???

If he was using, then he was lying to Congress about using them when he said he didn't. He was on trial for lying, but the action led to the lies.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Perjury is tough to prosecute, and as history has shown with the clowns prosecuting...this was a circus.

That said, I'm surprised, but with McNamee being the premier witness, his credibility is too easily contested.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Face it, the prosecution was lucky they got to retry the case at all and the first judge didnt dismiss it with prejudice after their initial screw-up

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
In this period in time, I thought this was completely unnecessary and a waste of tax payers money. On top of that, I find it comical that someone can be tried in court for lying to congress when congress lies to the people they are supposed to represent every day.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
If Clemens didn't go to trial there'd be tons of people saying that the law favors only the rich and powerful. It was obvious that there was enough evidence for him to go to trial but perjury is tough to prove.

Doesn't matter that he wasn't found guilty - - in that his trial will have cost him even more HOF votes which alone is sufficient punishment.

As a taxpayer and baseball fan, I'm happy to help pay for the cost of a trial... as I'm sure others are.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
OJ+Smiling.bmp

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Remember when he picked up Piazza's shattered bat and threw it at him...saying later he thought it was the ball? Talk about your classic case of 'roid rage. He just might be the most hated ex-player out there, top 5 for sure.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Big waste of taxpayers dollars here. Just another high profile failure of the Justice Department. Now the USADA, not the Justice Department, will be using taxpayer dollars to go after Lance Armstrong. These morons will be using testimony from less credible folks than McNamee to go after Lance. smh

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Big waste of taxpayers dollars here. Just another high profile failure of the Justice Department. Now the USADA, not the Justice Department, will be using taxpayer dollars to go after Lance Armstrong. These morons will be using testimony from less credible folks than McNamee to go after Lance. smh

As someone mentioned above, the point in prosecuting these guys is to prove a point that just because you are a celebrity, does not make you immune from the law.

It is completely worth the money to prove that point and as a Federal taxpayer, I approve of sending that message.

Members online

Latest posts