Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Advice on a vintage lot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I have an opportunity to pick this up with my income tax return. Not sure about fakes though. Any help would be appreciated

ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1340108628.094792.jpg
ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1340108659.878592.jpg
ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1340108678.777319.jpg
ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1340108691.163913.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Can you provide better pics?

The Mantle looks to have some qualities of a bad fake...IE the printing. Is this an in person deal?

If so, I would assume you have some experience with vintage and should be able to tell.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Can you ask the seller to have then graded/autheticated? If they comeback legit, reimburse him for the fees. If not, you lose nothing.

If he refuses, that could be a red flag to them being fake.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
It would be an in person deal. I just have to drive 30 minutes to see them. I do know a little just not a ton. That's why I asked if there was anything obvious that I didn't know or see.

Thanks for the responses. I'll ask him if he'd consider getting them graded authentic and see what he says

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
It would be an in person deal. I just have to drive 30 minutes to see them. I do know a little just not a ton. That's why I asked if there was anything obvious that I didn't know or see.

Thanks for the responses. I'll ask him if he'd consider getting them graded authentic and see what he says
Take this how you wish, but if you don't know about vintage, you shouldn't be considering this deal without at least being familiar with them.

The cards are in top loaders, so clearly the owner knows something about them. And while I have no idea what the price is, if it's too low...they aren't good. If it's a reasonable amount for these cards...you are not really in any position to be dropping that money without some vintage basics.

Members online