Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Strata Football - This stuff looks good.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Release date is October 22nd.

Lets see if Topps doesnt ruin it with sticker autos on the acetate......

Strata1.png

Strata2.png

This one is sticker......

Strata3.png

Strata4.png

Strata5.png

Last edited:

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Wow that Luck looks great, hope we get our first good set sometime soon. 2012 has kinda sucked so far.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I do mostly baseball, but I think this seems like a potentially cool product. Just checked a couple of sites for presales, and the prices look good to me. Atlanta Sportscards has it for $65.99 a box, $779.99 for a 12-box case. Blowout is at $69.99/$799.99. I'm not a casebuster, but I'm thinking about picking up three boxes just to check it out.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I feel like at $70ish a box, you'll probably pull a bunch of scrub GU and an auto of a nobody. So basically like all other products on the market. ;)

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
I like the look of the product, and its nice to see Topps change things up from the cookie cutter designs they always seem to have, but I do not like whatever that is over top of the patches that is auto'd. It just looks awkward I think.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
They may get me to bite on this with a $70 price point.
The Clear Cut auto's do look pretty cool and the type of card I'd like to pull and would just hang on to for aesthetic value, even if it does wind up being a lesser name.

That said there is a voice in my head saying 'don't fall for it".......Since I thought Bowman Signature looked like a good value for a potential sheet and I bought in on that new product.....and we all know how those turned out.
If I pull the trigger on this one it will probably be because the price point is reasonable.

*edit - I just noticed all those scans are parallels #'d 50 or less.
So maybe that's where the kick in the nuts comes in......I'd like to see the base rc jsy/auto that will be in 99% of the boxes. Are those just unnumbered and single color jersey pieces?

Last edited:

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
They may get me to bite on this with a $70 price point.
The Clear Cut auto's do look pretty cool and the type of card I'd like to pull and would just hang on to for aesthetic value, even if it does wind up being a lesser name.

That said there is a voice in my head saying 'don't fall for it".......Since I thought Bowman Signature looked like a good value for a potential sheet and I bought in on that new product.....and we all know how those turned out.
If I pull the trigger on this one it will probably be because the price point is reasonable.

*edit - I just noticed all those scans are parallels #'d 50 or less.
So maybe that's where the kick in the nuts comes in......I'd like to see the base rc jsy/auto that will be in 99% of the boxes. Are those just unnumbered and single color jersey pieces?

According to the sell sheet, every box will have one "Clear Cut Autograph Relic Card" with three of the twelve boxes in the case having a patch/auto instead of just a jersey/auto. In other words, you have a one-in-four chance of getting a patch/auto. Don't worry, I'll pull all the single color lesser names, and leave the good ones for you.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
^

Nah they'll be for someone else, I don't have much luck either. :)

I guess even with the non-patch cards, it is a plus that they are doing something different and they look nice.
Topps surely had some nice products last year, but there were quite a few where the rc patch/auto's were looking nearly identical.
And again, at 70 it does lessen the risk a bit.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
the mock ups are nice indeed
yeah, i hate sticker autos too
i buy lots of product that does not have sticker autos
less so if there are sticker autos, js
can't wait to see the actual cards

slingblade code?

Latest posts