Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mailday = set completed! (scan heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
2001 TOPPS TRIBUTE RETIRED JERSEY EDITION GAME WORN JERSEYS

I got the Killebrew and Musial in the mail today, and with those I have completed the set. I have been slowly piecing it together since 2001, which is why the scans all look so different (I will have to take the time to rescan the whole set someday). I personally edited and chose the photos for this set (which was my favorite to work on while I was at Topps), and I know for a fact that each game-used item was authenticated by a third party. I also just think that it is a beautiful set. The most expensive card is the Jackie Robinson, which is actually a hat and is limited to less than 30 copies.

I haven't built a set in a long time. It's a nice feeling! Next up are the bats; I have 23 of the 30, but the ones I need are the biggies (Wagner, Aaron, Ruth, Gehrig, Mattingly, Greenberg, Maris, Kaline, and Clemente). After that, I'd love to do the master set with the Franchise Figures and patches, but for now, here are the jerseys.

AlstonTribute.jpg

BanksTribute.jpg

BanksTribute1.jpg

BenchTribute.jpg

BenchTribute1.jpg

BerraTribute1.jpg

BoggsTribute.jpg

BrettTribute1.jpg

BrockTribute.jpg

CarltonTribute.jpg

DeanTribute.jpg

DickeyTribute.jpg

DoerrTribute.jpg

FoxTribute.jpg

KillebrewTribute1.jpg

LasordaTribute.jpg

MarichalTribute.jpg

MathewsTribute.jpg

MattinglyTribute.jpg

MaysTribute.jpg

MaysTribute2.jpg

MusialTribute.jpg

PalmerTribute.jpg

PalmerTribute1.jpg

PuckettTribute.jpg

RobinsonFrTribute.jpg

RobinsonJTribute.jpg

RyanATribute.jpg

RyanRTribute.jpg

RyanTribute.jpg

SchmidtTribute.jpg

SchmidtTribute2.jpg

SchoenTribute.jpg

StargellTribute.jpg

StengelTribute.jpg

WinfieldTribute.jpg

YazTribute.jpg

YountTribute.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Those are awesome and have to have some major sentimental value as well. Does "game worn uniform" mean pants on some of them? Also do you have a scan of the Jackie?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Those are awesome and have to have some major sentimental value as well. Does "game worn uniform" mean pants on some of them? Also do you have a scan of the Jackie?
You're right, the sentimental value is high for me.
Yes, uniform = pants (or hat in Jackie Robinson's case). And the scan is there. The cards are in alphabetical order, and Jackie is one of the bigger scans.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
You're right, the sentimental value is high for me.
Yes, uniform = pants (or hat in Jackie Robinson's case). And the scan is there. The cards are in alphabetical order, and Jackie is one of the bigger scans.

Now on my computer I see it. For some reason it did not load on my phone. Awesome card.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wicked nice! Now scan them all at the same size/res because a set that purty deserves it! Congrats!

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the kind words guys. You may be interested to know that for the majority of these cards, we had the jersey in hand, so I was able to (try to) choose a photo that matched the card. A few of them (e.g. the Yount) were not yet in hand when the photos were called for, so the photo doesn't match the jersey swatch. It was nice to be able to put that kind of thought into a set. I didn't always have that ability, and it is something that Topps has pretty clearly stopped doing these days.

Wicked nice! Now scan them all at the same size/res because a set that purty deserves it! Congrats!
Thanks man, I will certainly do that soon.

Members online

Latest posts