Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

quick question on redeeming cards with Bowman...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
So I'm a newbie at redemptions--picked up a couple redemption cards from 2012 Bowman and I don't believe the autos are live yet (one is Lucky #3 which I don't think has even been announced).

Wondering what most people do--send in the redemption card right away, or wait to see if the cards go live?

is there any benefit to sending the redemptions in NOW to Bowman, and waiting? or more advantageous to hold the redemption and wait...guess my thought process was by waiting, I have option value in two ways:

1) the longer it takes to not go signed, the more time I have to potentially flip the redemption card to someone else who is willing to wait

2) is there a market for unredeemed redemption cards? classic example would be the 2001 pujols exchange card

thanks, just trying to seek some input, my guess is there's people in both camps (probably more of the redeem right away)

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Lots of different options in regards to redemption's.

As inept as the manufacturers sometimes are at actually fulfilling them, some people will outright refuse to buy until the redemption's go live.
Others like me being an idiot will just redeem them and badger Topps for a fulfillment date.

Its really your call but if you are impatient, I would say not to bother and just wait until topps or panini starts fulfilling and then buy the actual card.

Also most people just scratch the back and enter the code in online rather than actually mailing in a redemption.

People collect anything and everything so I imagine there is a small market for expired unredeemed redemptions and I have sold a couple of used redemptions as well to player collectors.

Hope this helps!

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
great, thanks!

actually already have the redemption cards--so maybe i'll try and flip. the only thing is I feel like I got pretty good deals (relative to what others sold at), couple of them were about $100-150 less than high ebay sales.

really appreciate the thoughtful response

Members online