Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jim Thome's Walk-Off Home Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
This was an epic moment in thome's career... being a phillies fan... I hope he has a bunch more this year.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I hate the damn Phillies but love Jim Thome.

I have this waiting for its inevitable entrance into my HOF auto collection

Thome.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Charlie really needs to throw him out there at 1B. His potential offensive boost far outweighs his lack of defense at the least important defensive position in the game. Sit him vs lefties and play him vs righties.

I'm not sure why he even signed with an NL team though. It's clear he can still hit and could've had a 400-500 AB season with an AL team. I'm REALLY surprised the Yankees didn't want him, but they were okay with Ibanez?

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Thome simply cannot play first base because of his back issues. Thome would do all he can for his boy Charlie and the word is he'll be traded back to the AL before the deadline if the Phillies are still playing like they are now. Perhaps one more run with Cleveland if they are still where they are now? Tampa? Detroit? Texas? Phils would take a middle relief pitcher in return or mid-range prospect.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
I was pretty amazed by the list. You almost think that walk off HR are kind of fluky, just a result of 1) being very good, but then also, 2) dumb luck of being in that situation.

But check out the list tied at 12:

Jimmie Fox, Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth, Stan Musial, and Frank Robinson.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I was pretty amazed by the list. You almost think that walk off HR are kind of fluky, just a result of 1) being very good, but then also, 2) dumb luck of being in that situation.

But check out the list tied at 12:

Jimmie Fox, Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth, Stan Musial, and Frank Robinson.

You'd be surprised how often a player is IN that situation. Happens quite often actually. All you have to do is have an AB when you are at home when your team is losing or tied. Sure sometimes the appropriate amount of men have to be on base, but it really does happen a lot.

There's a reason why there are so many greats on the list - they are clutch and that is what legends are made of.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
After blowing the save Papelbon told his teammates that he'd give anyone who hit a walk-off $5,000.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts