Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need advice on a damaged card I received from ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Need advice on a damaged card I received from ebay.....Updated with pics of the card

I bought a card a few days ago and I received it today. The box was beat to hell and the holder was cracked. Now the card has a large surface scratch/crease.

When asking for a refund, should I expect my original price plus the shipping I paid in return since I am having to ship the card back? I have never had this happen, so it is all new to me. Also, do I need to open a case through ebay or paypal?

Any advice you guys can give me would be great.

Last edited:

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Just send the seller a message saying what happened. If they insured it then they can just file a claim and send you the money and you won't have to worry about sending it back. As a seller I always prefer just a straight message vs. opening up a claim. It doesn't look good on the seller's record, even if it was the post office's fault.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
I have contacted the seller, they want pictures of the card and the card back, but have only offered the price of the card without the shipping that I paid. Should I expect to have my shipping refunded as well since I am going to have to pay to have the card shipped back to the seller?

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
I have contacted the seller, they want pictures of the card and the card back, but have only offered the price of the card without the shipping that I paid. Should I expect to have my shipping refunded as well since I am going to have to pay to have the card shipped back to the seller?

As a person that mostly sells on Ebay I would say yes, you should expect your shipping fee back if you have to pay to ship the card back.
Any seller worth his salt will refund you and do whatever it takes to make sure you are completely satisfied.
Also, I believe if the seller insured the card it's up to him to go through the process of collecting the insurance, not you.
In fact I think it has to be him since he purchased the insurance.
Good luck, I hope the seller does the right thing.
David

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Now the guy is telling me until positive feedback is left no refund will be given.

Definitely don't leave him positive feedback until the issue has been resolved. If he doesn't comply, open an item not as described case. I believe most sellers who accept returns specify that the buyer has to pay return shipping. You can check the listing for his policy. If he doesn't state that he will pay the return shipping, you are going to be out of luck on that cost because paypal will not reimburse you for it.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Thanks for the all the help!

After being told through email that I am not getting a refund and I should take it up with the post office. I have decided to open up a case against them. I fell like I did everything that I could to avoid this, but the seller wasn't willing to do anything. The seller has 100% feedback, but this appears to be their second sell.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
That sucks. The only time I've had this happen was when I bought a Chrome auto two years ago and found that the card had those crimping marks on the lower back from when Topps sealed the pack. For all I know, the seller may not have even noticed it in the first place.

I contacted him and told him that I'm sure it was no fault of his own, but I wasn't happy with paying for a card that looked like a washboard on the edges. He was nice enough to offer me a replacement if I sent it back, which I did. No problems. Even if he couldn't replace it and just refunded me the money after sending it back to him.. I would have been more than happy to give him positive feedback anyway for being fair about.

Moral of the story is... don't leave him XXXX until he refunds you the money.. you have him over a barrel, he knows it too.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
This is the first time for me dealing with something like this.

Here is the card. As you can tell something heavy must have landed on the card. The case is cracked all the way through. Under the crack on the front of the card is where the damage to the card is at.

banks1.jpg
banks2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts